Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nasty Virus Won't Let Me Boot Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brboomer

brboomer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

My laptop is running windows 2000. When I try to boot up I receive a blue screen with the error message

STOP: c000026c {unable to load device driver}
\??\C:\WINNT\system32\idersrvc.sys device driver could not be loaded
Error Status was 0xc0000020

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or seoftware is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer foy any windows 2000 updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup....."

I have not installed any new hardware or software. When I try to start in safe mode, my computer restarts itself, it's a deadly circle.

How can I boot up so I can at least run a virus scan?

Moved from 2000 Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 18 December 2006 - 01:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

This gives an explanation how to remove this infection.

heresome info on that file

Edited by fozzie, 15 January 2007 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users