Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Radio Reception And Real Player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mr ignorance

mr ignorance

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:04 AM

I am trying to listento local and national stations in Ireland. Have followed Real Player installation and re-installation suggestions. My connection is always on broadband. Get 10-15 second reception then it either stops altogether or sound like it is being played down a drain pipe! I think all my configurations are correct but I am only moderatly techie. How important is the signal strength between my wireless router and the computer? Alll my other on line systems work perfectly? I don't really like Real Player and prefer to let Windows media player remain my default system for most of my other uses. The national radio station prefers Real Player though. Real Player seems too anxious to install things I don't want and makes itself unfriendly to navigate.
Thanks for any help you could offer
Mr Ignorance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:26 AM

It's either your connection setting that aren't correct, or it's simply the source itself, as to where your problem is at.

Although you're on broadband, just remember that you're on a shared connection.

Double-check your connection setting, and if you're unsure about a connection speed, just downgrade to the next lower speed. It'll play fine if there is no connection disruptions.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:32 AM

I sometimes listen to Irish stations thru BBC. I also have Real player as my default media player. I have no problems with Real trying to install anything. I do not allow Real in my startup and I don't allow it to call home for supposedly updates. BBC leans toward using Real Player.

Sounds like what you are experiencing is the same thing I had with a dialup connection.

Edited by buddy215, 16 December 2006 - 08:35 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users