Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios Setup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 One Dot Com

One Dot Com

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:41 PM

I would like to change my BIOS boot order to:
1. CD
2. HHD
I'm using a SONY VAIO PC, Windows XP Media Center Edtion with SP2.
Please explain, so I, as a newbie can follow your instructions.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:59 AM

I assume you mean your boot order, you have to hit your BIOS setup key before XP starts loading in order to change the options. Saying it's a Sony Vaio doesn't mean much since there are like twelve hundred of those and Sony has never been good on settling on a standard BIOS setup key. Try the function keys F1, F2, F10, F11, ESC, and DEL as the computer is first booting. It's trial and error until you hit the right one. Then find the booting options and change the order accordingly.
Posted Image

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:03 AM

While you're booting up, hit the DEL key. It'll take you into the B.I.O.S. and from there it will be most likely the 1st screen you see to do it or it'll be probably the next menu screen.

If you know in your B.I.O.S. where your HD is referenced, you'll see your other dives there too. Just change the order from there.

#4 One Dot Com

One Dot Com
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:07 PM

arcman, Walkman,
Thank you both for your helpful replies. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users