Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fax Page Sequence In Win Xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 novert

novert

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:35 PM

What determines the sequence of documents in a multi-document FAX in WIN XP?

I occasionally send a FAX consisting of several jpg documents. I want the documents to be in the FAX in a specific sequence. However, FAX seems to have a mind of its own and usually doesn't pick the sequence I want. I have tried naming the documents in alphabetical order and numerical order, and I have tried selecting each document in the sequence I want without success. The only way I can force the sequence I want is to insert the documents in order in a Word file and then FAX the Word file.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:19 AM

I may be incorrect, but from what I've known, the faxes will fax according to the order you have set them up to fax.

Example: I want to fax document a and document b, but I want document b to fax 1st.... the only thing I know right now is to send document b to the fax 1st.

I'm sure there's a way around it, but I've never had that issue.

Have you tried going inside of the fax document and trying to change the order of the pending faxes?
Have you tried sending the faxes to "que" for faxing, and then arranging the order when you're ready to fax?

I'm just throwing out some ideas that may help. I hope they do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users