Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Empty Trash Can In Hotmail- 'an Error Has Occured. Click Here To Resolve The Issue'

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GCMM

GCMM

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:10 AM

Hi I've noticed that nobody has discussed this topic so I decided to post one.

Well I'm using Internet Explorer 6 and everytime I try to empty the trash can I keep getting this message:

'An error has occured. Click here to resolve the issue'

It doesn't tell me what error it is so I don't really know the root of the problem and was wondering if anybody out there including administrators could possibly help me please. Other users have experienced this problem.

I would be very grateful.

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:14 AM

Are you using the Beta version? I had several problems with the beta and rolled back to the old version. Mainly trying to connect. The old version is working fine.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:41 AM

What happens when you "click here"?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 GCMM

GCMM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:15 AM

Hi

I'm not using the Beta version of Internet Explorer 6. Just the ordinary one version.
Whenever I try to click "click here" it just doesn't do anything at all. Error is still there and it doesn't provide me with information whatsoever about what's causing it.

Also Internet Explorer 7 sucks. Stick with Mozilla. That's what I say

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,498 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:27 AM

I was asking about the beta version of Hotmail. That is probably what you meant, too, instead of "beta version of IE6". The trash can automatically empties after a certain time period which I believe is 5 days, without checking. Is that happening? Of course, you should be able to that manually.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 GCMM

GCMM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:36 AM

Oops sorry. I don't use any beta version of hotmail. I don't even like that version. Just the ordinary version of hotmail.

I seem to have found the root of the problem on my own.

The Yahoo and AOL toolbars were intergrated with Internet Explorer. I found that they altered the layout of Internet Explorer and provided new features. I thought maybe these would affect the way Internet Explorer operated.

What I did was I deleted these and I tried to empty the trash can on Internet Explorer and it worked without any errors. Also I noticed that the pages loader faster than before.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,498 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:45 AM

Great! Like you, I only use IE for updating Windows and the rare site that want work with Firefox.

#8 GCMM

GCMM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:20 AM

That's true. I use Internet Explorer mostly for Windows Updates. I also use it because in Firefox some websites won't load because it's not Internet Explorer.

Thanks everybody. For help and support regarding this topic. I also hope this would solve and help with the problems that users have with this same topic.

Take care and good luck everybody.

Edited by GCMM, 16 December 2006 - 10:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users