Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emul37.sys Emul65.sys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 squirsh

squirsh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:13 AM

I am barely above a novice at programming and virus removal if that. I am proficient in windows and adobe to my degree in digital media and a few tricks picked up along the way. A friend of mine has a problem with a trojan.

On windows 2000 professional

C:\\WINNT\system32\emul37.sys

C:\\WINNT\system32\emul65.sys

I believe this to be malware and or spyware.

Task manager and find files are both unaccessable and the text appears grey rather than black as an active tab.

I can not locate these files in the specified folder located by AVG nor will it heal them or move them to the virus vault.

The computer barely starts up with a bit of encouragement and will not display the active desktop.

A virus opens internet explorer and/or mozzila by it's self and brings up popup after popup.

A system32 file is a program, I wrote a few conversion tables in C++ this semester.

How are these files being hidden from me and how may I remove them?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

squirsh

Edited by squirsh, 15 December 2006 - 01:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:24 AM

WElcome to BC. You have come to the right place

You are right Check this and this
At the bottom of the page you can see removal instructions

Edited by fozzie, 15 December 2006 - 03:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users