Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About This "norton On Three Computers" Thing...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roseredd

roseredd

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:46 PM

Hi there! This will be, hopefully, a quick and easy question/answer :trumpet:

I recently bought Norton Internet Security 2007, and noticed the whole "protection for up to three computers" tag on the box. What I'm wondering is this- do they have to be networked computers? For that matter, must they all be in my household, or owned by me?

I ask this because I only have one personal computer, (my laptop is too old a dinasaur to be traveling the net, and so doesn't really need anything like this) although there is one other computer in my household, owned by my parents for thier business. (We aren't networked or anything)

Would I be able to "use up" the other two 'computers' on friends in need of such? Just a thought, although I seriously doubt Norton would allow something that cool to be done.

:flowers: Just thought I'd ask...

Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:04 AM

I have no clue, but would suspect that it would be good for 3 computers that you "owned" - since the license probably isn't transferrable.

But, why worry? There's several great, free alternatives out there for those who can't afford it (and I prefer them to the Norton). Here's one, it's called AVG Free: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/28415/lng/us/tpl/v5
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users