Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Delete A Just Submitted Post?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:16 PM

I cannot find a delete button for my own message :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:03 PM

Sorry tos226, once you post only Moderators and Admins can delete that item. But you should be able to edit your post for about 24 hours.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:48 PM

tos226,

I have deleted the post you refer to, for you. :thumbsup:

Da Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:40 PM

Thank you, Animal.

KoanYorel, I gathered as much. The thing is, when you misread the question, you give an irrelevant answer, then you fight to delete all text and BC says it can't be blank, so then you have to write something totally silly which, thankfully, Animal found.

I suppose it's a rough decision how to handle it. I'm on one forum where they allow to delete a post, so long as it's the last one. So you delete it, and perhaps get a private message from one person asking what happened to what they just read 'cause they found it useful after all. I'm not proposing a solution, 'cause I don't know it :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work. This is a fabulous forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users