Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ibm00006.exe Please Help... Urgent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 computer man

computer man

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:25 PM

Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Micrsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00006.exe". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

I need a little help with this problem.. I scan and check the file is not there but I want to get rid of this pop up when Windows starts up

I went to msconfig and looked for [boot] and there wasn't ....
I don't know what else to do to get rid of this message

Thanks to anyone that can help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:43 PM

If you can, run the online scan in the link below and let it quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.trendmicro.com/hc_intro/default.asp
Download the trial version in the link below and allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/
After doing the above, post a Hijack This log by following the instructions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 computer man

computer man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

Wow... I need to do all that to get rid of the pop up??

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:52 PM

The trojan you have seldom comes alone. That is why it is a good idea to run several antimalware programs to find and remove if possible.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

IBM00006.EXE = Trojan.IBM/Shell.Code

This trojan installs under the Microsoft Shared folder in Common Files under Program Files. There can be other files with similar names. The number "6" is random and others will have different numbers in the name similar to the following:

%COMMONFILES%\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB FOLDERS\IBM00003.EXE
%COMMONFILES%\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB FOLDERS\IBM00005.EXE
%COMMONFILES%\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB FOLDERS\IBM00006.EXE
%COMMONFILES%\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB FOLDERS\IBM00007.EXE
%COMMONFILES%\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB FOLDERS\IBM00009.EXE
%COMMONFILES%\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB FOLDERS\IBM00011.EXE
%COMMONFILES%\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB FOLDERS\IBM00012.EXE
%COMMONFILES%\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB FOLDERS\IBM00013.EXE

So make sure you check that folder after doing as buddy215 suggested.

If your running Win XP/2000, I also suggest you download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in "SAFE MODE".
([i]This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware.) Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users