Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desk Top

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shortyj

shortyj

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:16 AM

I have all sorts of things on my desk top and I would like to tidy it up but I am afraid to just delete things in case I lose them completely.can any body helpl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

Most of time, the icons/shortcuts on a desktop are just pointing to applications that reside somewhere on your local drives. Saves you trying to search for the programs under your local drives when you want to run them.(Like we used to have to do in DOS)

There is a good chance that the icons/shortcuts are also located somewhere under the start menu also. With that said, you can probably delete them without worry(if you don't need them showing on your desktop).

If you are still unsure, create a folder on your desktop, and drag and drop all of the icons/shorcuts that you want to get rid into this folder.

After some time, you can probably delete the folder you created on your desktop without any issue.
JC

#3 shortyj

shortyj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:03 AM

thanks very much for your help.
Shortyj

0 user(s) are reading this topic