Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Logon To Yahoo Email...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AFoster

AFoster

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:14 AM

My Windows version is XP Home and application was Internet Explorer

Recently, I opened a new email at Yahoo.com. Since then I have not been back until today because it is just a backup email. However, my son was here and tried to access his account there and he kept getting a Internet Explorer box that says that Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. This happened a couple of weeks ago and I thought it just had something to do with his stuff but today it happened to me several times. It creates a report and you can send or not send to Microsoft. When you click either button Internet Explorer closes and you have to reopen it. This is not happening on any other website at this time. It has occurred before at different times but never when I go to one particular website. It won't even let me logon. I click on check mail and when it gets to the logon page this message shows up. You can click on the report to see technical information about problem and here's what's at the top:

AppName: Internet Explorer AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: oleaut32.dll
ModVer: 5.0.2600.2180 Offset: 0000af08

Then it has a bunch of techno info that I know nothing about and at the bottom it says that the file included in report is C:/DOCUME~1/Angela/LOCALS~1/Temp/3eb1_appcompat.txt

Can anyone help me with this? I need to be able to access my email account. I looked on Yahoo.com homepage but could not find a place to email then so they might could help me. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 14 December 2006 - 04:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:28 AM

Download a new version of oleaut32.dll here
Rename your current file into oleaut32.old and copy your newly downloaded file into c;/windows/system.

Download Ccleaner here and install and update
(bottom right side)

Run Ccleaner and reboot and try again.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:20 AM

The error message seems to indicate a compatibility problem. Have you added any new software, toolbars, etc? If so, uninstall it and see if that fixes it. If not, try uninstalling any Yahoo stuff on your system to see if that fixes it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users