Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 And Outlook Functional Problems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 luismr74

luismr74

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:31 AM

my web brower moves up and down on its own. Its very annoying, because i can't read anything. Has any one ever had this problem? if so can this be a virus or web browser problem. i have norton anti-virus and according to my scans i have no viruses. please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:48 AM

which browser do you have?

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:21 AM

Topic title says IE7 and Outlook. :thumbsup:

luismr74, how exactly is it moving up and down on its own?
Do you by chance mean it "jumps" sometimes when you click within a webpage?

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:24 AM

Topic title says IE7 and Outlook. :thumbsup:

luismr74, how exactly is it moving up and down on its own?
Do you by chance mean it "jumps" sometimes when you click within a webpage?

Posted ImageNice no. of post 888

Edited by fozzie, 16 December 2006 - 07:25 AM.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:38 AM

Two things that I have experienced with the pages rolling without my doing anything is a dirty mouse and a key on the keyboard sticking.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 luismr74

luismr74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

I will be on a web page for a while, or reading my email and it just starts moving up and down, making it impossible to read. sometimes its fine and it doesn't move other times i can't get it to stop.

also its not a specific page, it happens several times on different web pages, such as if im on this forum and it starts moving up and down, and i come back a couple of hours later and its fine.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,614 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:27 PM

Eliminating the mouse and or keyboard as the cause of this would probably be the first step to diagnose the problem. From googling around I have not found anything else that would cause this erratic behavior without user participation. If you have access to another keyboard or mouse I think you should try swapping them out.
Do you use wireless?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 luismr74

luismr74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

no, i don't have wireless. I will try switching both the key board and the mouse.

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:34 PM

By chance, does your mouse have a center scroll button? By chance, do you see a circle with two arrows, one up and one down, when this happens?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 luismr74

luismr74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

yes. it turns out i need a new mouse. I was having the same problem again my web browser was moving so i disconnected my mouse and it stopped.

Also, no, the arrows do not appear at all. Im not even touching my mouse or keyboard when it occurs.

Edited by luismr74, 20 December 2006 - 08:38 PM.

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,614 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:46 PM

My problem with the mouse causing the jumping pages was solved by a good cleaning.
http://www.techsoup.org/learningcenter/hardware/page4786.cfm
If you need info on how to do that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users