Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please! Virusbursters Is Taking Over My Computer!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helpme14

helpme14

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:25 PM

I really need help. My computer seems to have the virus called virusbursters...I know this is a somewhat serious virus and i'm on the verge of crying right now. i just really want this virus off of my computer. i don't know what to do. I can't seem to get rid of it. I tried everything. I ran about 10 different scans and i can't seem to get rid of it. Please can you help me??

I have all of the normal "symptoms" of virusbursters...the icon that pops up in the bottom, the changing of my homepage and my wallpaper is deleted. I just really need help to get this off of my computer. Anyone who can help me will basically be my new hero.

thanks.

p.s. i've already tried what it said to do on your tutorial page. but i think i need further help. or maybe im not doing it right. i dont really know. i just want it off of my computer before it does serious damage.

Edited by helpme14, 13 December 2006 - 03:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:27 PM

I am sure our members can help you. Did you complete all steps in the Self-help guide without any problem that you know of? What precisely makes you think you did not do it right?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 helpme14

helpme14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:38 PM

I did complete all of the steps in the self help process but my virus was still there. Everything i tried never seemed to work. Then i did a system restore to the last restore point (sunday) and now it seems that the virus is gone. Is this possible? Or is it just hiding somewhere where i can't see it right now? Is it possible that in a few days it will come back again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users