Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msconfig Ctrl, Alt, Delete

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justjeff0331

justjeff0331

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:47 AM

When I try to go to MSCONFIG from run or search it just flash's on for a second, same when I try and use the three finger salute (ctrl/alt/delete) and when I hit that 2 or 62 times in a row still wont restart. Was working ok and then got really really slow and kept not wanting to open pages so I was going to run system restore.
Did a lil searching through your forums but all together this has taken me over 4 hours, not because I am slow, it just takes really long time to go from page to page, and lost connection/froze few times.

Compaq presario 1.2 Ghz
256 RAM
WINXP pro sp2
msn dial up connection

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:20 AM

When you try and do Ctrl Alt Del does the window pop up on the first press?

I know this may seem a strange question but does it do the same with an external keyboard.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:01 AM

Have you scanned for viruses/spyware recently (with updated definitions)?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

Maybe these can help.

xp_emegencyutil.exe - Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
v1.2 - 07/26/2004
© Doug Knox

This small VB 6 utility will create a usable backup copy of Taskmgr.exe, MSConfig.exe and Regedit.EXE in a new folder, called C:\EmergencyUtils. The new copies will be named Copy_of_Taskmgr.exe, Copy_of_MSConfig.exe and Copy_of_Regedit.com.

These programs are extremely helpful, and usually necessary in helping to rid your computer of a viral infection. Many virus programs will intercept these programs, based on their original file name, and prevent them from running. The alternate copies will not encounter this problem. Simply navigate to the C:\EmergencyUtils folder and double click the file you need to run.

To use: Download the xp_emergencyutil.zip file and save it to your hard drive. Double-click the xp_emergencyutil.zip file and extract xp_emergencyutil.exe to your hard disk. To run the EXE just double click it, there is no installer. You will have the option of running the programs automatically, after the copies are created.

NOTE: Your antivirus software may warn of a potentially malicious script. This is normal, as the Windows Scripting Host is used to create the "copies" of these 3 utilities.

Operating Systems: Windows® XP and Windows® Server 2003 only. Requires VB 6 Runtime Libraries, included in Windows®

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

====================

Enable or Disable Ctrl/Alt/Del
#198 (to the right side)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users