Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing A Password On Windows Nt 4.o Server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Otonalca

Otonalca

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:43 AM

HI everybody there! Nice to meet you!

I've got an AcerNote Light, model 320p. It's running an Windows NT 4.0 Server OS but everytime I boot it's asking for a password that I don't have. How can I change the password? Otherwise How can I get an OS on floppies in order to install it in my laptop above described?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation!

Until soon!

Otoniel Alzate.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 May 2012 - 02:43 AM.
Removed e-mail address to protect from spambots. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 instingkt

instingkt

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

At what point is it asking for the password? During bootup, or once the OS actually finishes loading?

If it's during bootup, there is a jumper on the motherboard (generally close to the CMOS battery), which you can remove, then power on the system (you should get a message stating that the password has been cleared), turn off the power, reconnect the jumper and you should be good to go.

If it's the OS admin password, you can go to: http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and download this Linux based boot CD which will guide you through changing the administrator password. It's my favorite utility for changing admin passwords when we can't find the password amongst our what seems like millions of pieces of documentation. Not that we'd ever lose our documentation...LOL!
.frank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users