Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer 7

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Buckoeye

Buckoeye

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:01 PM

Question: I just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7. When I had Explorer 6, I would type my topic in the address bar and it would automatically search using Google. Now Explorer 7 defaults to MSN. I can't stand it.
When I used Explorer 6, I never had to Install the Google Tool Bar. Can this type of search be completed using Explorer 7 and default is google on the address bar.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 12 December 2006 - 04:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:27 PM

Hi Buckoeye

In the upper right hand corner of IE7 is a small magnifying glass with a blue arrow next to it. Click the blue arrow and select Change Search Defaults from the drop down menu. Highlight Google then click on the Set Default button and Google will be your new default search engine.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 Buckoeye

Buckoeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:49 AM

YOU THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Works like a champ, bye bye MSN.......
Thank you !

#4 Buckoeye

Buckoeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:10 AM

Just curious, How would this be done using version 6. I would like to change my business laptop.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

Tho' not an answer to your last post. You can install this app (free). It'll let you highlight text,then right click on it. You'll do a google search

http://www.jfitz.com/

On left of page under Free software,click Java utilities
Click on the first search.htm and install that

http://www.jfitz.com/tips/search.htm
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Buckoeye

Buckoeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:02 PM

Thank you for the info. Works great. Any SUGGESTIONS for Explorer 6 on the address line making google default.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:58 PM

Your welcome

I just found this

Internet Explorer

For Windows: Download this file to make Google the default search engine for Internet Explorer versions 4.0 - 6.0. (Note: you will need Administrator privileges on your computer in order to install this file.)

Full article
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Buckoeye

Buckoeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:11 AM

I want to THANK YOU... I clicked on the file and it worked like a champ !!!!! Thanks for the other suggestion too. GREAT WORK !!!!!

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:12 PM

Very welcome :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users