Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Install World Of Warcraft Anymore?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RoccoCorleone

RoccoCorleone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:15 PM

I have had WoW on my computer for almost two years and I uninstalled it a week ago. I bought a new copy of the game today but when I download it it wont go past the 4th disc. I have done any and everything the site has told me to do. I have also emailed blizzard many times...no response yet however. This is the error message I get while its installing. Please help!

The file "Platform\Win32\Data\eula.html" in archive "<unknown>" could not be opened, because an error 2 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

That problem is related to the End User License Agreement, and the location of the file where it's supposed to be stored on your computer.

I assume you have administration permissions on your computer.. If you say yes,,,here's what I would do.

1. If the game is sold in stores, I'd get a refund and go buy a physical hard copy of it. They are serious about DRM/copying/ of software now more than ever.

2. If you can't get it in stores, then I'd contact them at every email address, phone no# I find for them. If you're worried about phone calls, there are plenty ofFREE VoIP softwares out there that will enable you to call virtually anywhere in the world.

But,,, just for future references, if you can buy it in the stores (SOFTWARE ONLY)....... go and get it from the store, at least you'll have your own backup..

Who's to say that they won't say that they see that you downloaded it, and they can't give you another download..... or.....

We need you to download this,, or that.. and when you do, it's going to monitor you and make sure you'll never make copies of it.

#3 Coggy

Coggy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:06 PM

HELP HELP HELP...
I have the same problem as the guy above AND I do have all the correct official software.

When I insert disc four it comes up as:
The file "Platform\Win32\Data\eula.html" in archive "<unknown>" could not be opened, because an error 2 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive)

I have tried running my machine with nothing open (switched off all startup programs in msconfig), copied all the CD's to the hard drive and then installed it, checked for spybots and other viruses, everything? I need to know exactly what this means?
If anyone can help that would be much appreciated
Thank you
Matt

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

I remember though somewhere on warcraft.com you can download it. I downloaded the 10-day free trial and it lets you download the full game. My friend who plays WoW could even sign on to his account and it works just fine.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

Are either of you attempting to install the original or the new upgrade?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Anesthesia

Anesthesia

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

Are you re-installing WoW, or trying to install Burning Crusade?

#7 chimpy

chimpy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:58 PM

Same to me , the installer is ok untill i get up to disk 4 it says there is a error 2 <unknown> thing.Well anyway i have email blizzard support and i done everything what they said but still no.Same thing happend to me m8.I had it on my pc for about 1 and a half year but got my pc formated ( fully restarted ) and when i tryed installing it again it just said that. Please someong help me , i have already payed 18 pund and put my time card on.

#8 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

Same to me , the installer is ok untill i get up to disk 4 it says there is a error 2 <unknown> thing.Well anyway i have email blizzard support and i done everything what they said but still no.Same thing happend to me m8.I had it on my pc for about 1 and a half year but got my pc formated ( fully restarted ) and when i tryed installing it again it just said that. Please someong help me , i have already payed 18 pund and put my time card on.

contact blizzard and get them to put your time card on hold so it doesn't keep going for no reason for 1,

For 2 all of you have reinstalled it, meaning the old copy has been erased away completely

have either of you fiddled with your disks since then if so how, are there any scratches etc, could be related to it, who knows

if you have fully reformatted your computer was it a quick one or a full blown completely done one, IE did you use windows quick format on the disc or did you do it manually through windows

this could be faulty disc related,or something to do with a file or files that are hiding on your computer that are causing this error, to the one who actually got a reply from blizzard what did they say to do?

#9 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:25 PM

Like I said before, try downloading off the website. Here is the link: https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/10dayfreetrial.htm
It is the full game, and I have tried it. Under the box that says Create FREE 10-Day Account, it has an option to just download the game for PC or Mac. Hope it works out for you!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users