Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Wont Let Me Use Emachines Keyboard!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:47 PM

i like my emachines keyboard over my HP keyboard, so when i tried connecting it, i was surprised it didnt work.
my hp kb is kinda messd, so i shut off my comp and connected my emachine kb. for sum reasn, it doesnt show up on the keyboard thing in contol panel.

plz help

im currently using the internal click-keyboard...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:06 PM

If you have access to another computer, plug that keyboard in it and see if it works.

Also, when you plugged in that keyboard, did the computer do a couple of beeps in the BIOS?. If it didn't do any beeps, but loaded the windows up, then chances are that keyboard you're trying to use may be faulty.

Unplug it and plug it back in again, and see if it helps.......

You can also do this test with the computer running or not, it's your choice,, but you're not going to hurt anything. I've been doing it for years.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,117 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:20 PM

Check this link out.
http://support.gateway.com/support/manlib/...08818/08818.htm
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:35 AM

thanks for the help guys, my old keyboard is fine now, so I'm just using it now

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

Did any of the replies here help solve your issue?

Did you do something else and fixed the problem?

Explain what was done to fix your problem, so others may learn from it.

#6 The Insane Mao

The Insane Mao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:56 PM

Well, i just fixed my old keyboard and stuck with it. I'm pretty busy at the moment, so I haven't had time to try out all the advice given.

This wasn't so much a problem as it was an inconvenience. I prefer the emachines keyboard over the HP one mostly because I can control WMP and start up IE and email with built-in buttons on the keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users