Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla And Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lookitzadum

lookitzadum

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:56 PM

on my other computer my internet is still up like i still can chat on AIM, MSN, etc
but mozilla firefox and internet exploerer act as if there is no internet can someone explain to me what the problem is ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:09 PM

I am not sure I understand "no internet" in the context of the two browsers. Can you give an example of what happens, and any error messages you are getting, even if it is "page not found."
Have you made any changes to your firewall that might be preventing the two applications from accessing the internet?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

Most times some applications not having internet access while others do results from a malfunctioning firewall or multiple firewalls running simultaneously. Make certain you only have one running (don't forget the Windows firewall if this is XP), and that it's working properly.
Posted Image

#4 lookitzadum

lookitzadum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

I am not sure I understand "no internet" in the context of the two browsers. Can you give an example of what happens, and any error messages you are getting, even if it is "page not found."
Have you made any changes to your firewall that might be preventing the two applications from accessing the internet?
Regards,
John

When i open up mozilla or internet explorer it gives me a page not found

this started happeneing after i restarted my computer

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:28 PM

OK some questions/ remarks here

Can you still ping? Go to start run than type CMD
than type (without 1) or 2) )
1) ipconfig /flushdns
than
2) ping www.google.com
if no result back please reply following :

1) What is/are your firewall(s)

Edited by jgweed, 11 December 2006 - 07:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users