Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft 2003

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sydman1673

sydman1673

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

I find that when I have norton running I cannot open any operating system 2003 applications once I am connected to the internet. When i disable norton I can open the applications.
ANy ideas on what may be happening here?

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description and moved post to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 11 December 2006 - 06:43 PM.

Education is a life long experience.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:32 PM

You may have to describe what you mean by "operating system applications".
I would think Norton (Norton what?) has a way to change settings for applications that require/want internet access. If that's so, you probably will need to set things up in Norton to tell it what to permit and what not to permit. MS Office applications for instance are notorious for wanting internet access. You can block it in the application, or block or allow it in Norton.
Disclaimer - I've used Norton AV so little, that I'm not sure what they have. But most anti-malware products run like that. Is there HELP in Norton that you could read?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users