Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Advice for Cool Drive 4

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:36 AM

My advice is, save your self the hassle and don't buy it. Unless you really want it, because, I must admit it does look cool, but....

It has the vaguest Installation guide ever, it has 3-pin connectors for your fans, which are probably 4-pin. It does not fit in the drive bay, if you were to mount it with screws (i read another guys review on that, cuz i have an a-top xblade case with easy slide drive bays). On my A-top Xblade case, the only possible way to fit it is buy inserting it through the inside, wich is extremely hard.

If you are to get any Cool Drive, I suggest Cool Drive 6, I was just at coolermaster.com and looked at its manual...and it actually has very useful things called...DIAGRAMS!, as well as EXPLANATIONS!. Even though, in my opinion the Cool Drive 4 look better, i'd imagine that 6 is more user friendly.

I just bought a Cool Drive 4 today, and tried to install it....but Now I am going to take it back tomorrow. :flowers: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,431 posts
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:17 AM

I am sorry it didnt work out the way you wanted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users