Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Windows Home To Windows Media Center

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

Me and the New roomate have a router and share cable internet through it. However when we tried to network our computers together to share my printer my computer will not allow us to network them together.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edit: Thanx Animal I didnt see this forum

Edited by BlackSpyder, 11 December 2006 - 09:19 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 peteyg67

peteyg67

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

Your computer or his computer could be blocking incoming connection from other computers through his our your firewall it might be that i dnt really now i hope i provided some help

Regards
Peter
:thumbsup:

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

Ok so I went ot the network Setup wizard to try it for myself (up until now hes been doing this) and I got this message

Wizard Cannot find your network hardware

I have an onboard ethernet port. is it not considered a networking device?
Going to check my BIOS tonite when I restart (darn MS Update)

Posted Image

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:58 AM

How are you connecting to the router. Is it via wireless or a cabled connection. Also are you using DHCP or have you assigned static IP addresses for the computers.
Have you set sharing for the printer?
Can the other PC ping your computer by using the IP address?
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:22 AM

It's likely that the is a problem with your Network Interface Card (NIC). There are a couple of things to try:

1) Uninstall the NIC drivers and then install the latest available version from the manufacturer's web site

2) Uninstall the card in Device Manager, then reboot and let Windows re-detect the card and install it automatically.

After this is done, then delete your Local Area connection and use the Network connection Wizard and the Network Setup Wizard.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users