Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 techie_wannabe

techie_wannabe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I posted a problem in a forum on the TomCoyte site, and after solving my problem I was sent to bleepingcomputer to check out the Slow Comupter Checklist.

The folks at TomCoyte are great and they provide a lot of information, but the more resources I have the better.

I have Techie aspirations, but seem to be lacking in the Techie aptitude department. I know enough to do some real damage, but not enough to fix any of it.

I'm hoping to just wake up one day and find that I suddenly understand everything there is to know about programming, software, and the hardware that makes up my PC and a variety of devices that refuse to submit to my will.

Kind of like how Peter Parker was unwittingly bitten by a spider, then by some mysterious twist of fate, avoided being hit by a car by jumping several floors up the side of a building and hung there -- JUST LIKE A SPIDER.

I haven't been infected by that particular virus yet but it's just a matter of time; I've certainly attracted all of the other ones. While I'm waiting, forums like this are an excellent alternative.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 peteyg67

peteyg67

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

Welcome to BC techie_wanabe Hope u enjoy

Regards
Peter
:thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:58 PM

By the time you learn everything, everything has changed twelve times.
There is always something new in computing.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users