Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bug Report: Getting Mulitple Nofications On Topics.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:42 AM

I have my email notifications set to delayed instant notification. The text of the email states that it will be the only one I receive until I return to the topic but I am getting notices on each and every post. On an active topic that can be quite a lot of mail.

How do I fix?
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:37 AM

You have two options to avoid receiving a message for every post.

If you want to be notified on a daily basis, choose Daily Email Digest.

If you want to be notified on a weekly basis, choose Weekly Email Digest.

Whichever you choose will be the default setting for all your topics. You can change that setting for specific topics by clicking on topics on the left side of your control panel, a handy feature if there are topics you need immediate notification for but your default is a digest. This will show a list of all the topics, organized by forum, that you are currently subscribed to. Here you can elect to unsubscribe, receive no notifications, and the e-mail notification options for each and every topic. You can select from 1 to all your topics at at time. There are little boxes to the right that you can put check marks in, and at the bottom is the option box of subscription and notification choices followed by a button that says selected. That's the button you click on after you make your choice.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users