Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PE_PARITE.A virus found.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aunty_Entity

Aunty_Entity

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:39 AM

Greetings...

My PC Cillin just informed me that I have the PE_PARITE.A virus. It could not be cleaned so the program quarantined it. Am I safe to assume it can no longer infect other files? If not..what steps must I take to rid myself of this virus?

Okay now here it the program. It has infected such things as regedit, notepad, windows media player ect. Since PC Cillin has quarantined them I can't run the programs I need.

What can I do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I am posting this in the correct forum.

Thank you

Sincerely

Rain

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:08 AM

Can you tell us exactly what files were quarantines and the paths that these files were in. For example is the quarantined file regedit.exe from c:\windows\regedit,exe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users