Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Heeeelp! Boohoo!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lizbeth

lizbeth

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

:thumbsup: Hello is there some lovely kind soul willing to help a poor wee soul who for the past hour has gone over every aspect of the symantec website for help and is about to go :trumpet: as it seems i can't find a solution to my prob. Here we go (as one pulls up a chair and has a large dram in hand!!) I recently downloaded IE7, no probs apart from the odd error messages, i have now noticed when i try to access my screen shot in Norton Internet Security 2005 at the antispam screen( as i wished to unblock an email address, after all he did say sorry :) )not to go off topic ,each time i am now confronted with a blank white screen and my pc hangs and i have to shutdown windows to rid. Still only learning the nuts and bolts of this pc ,i had a look c at the View Objects tab in Internet options and clicked on the symantec active x files and found many stated "damaged", whilst i was there i had a look at other files and noticed exclamation marks (!) at the java runtime,my microsoft office likewise. I proceeded to "update" but no joy(perhaps this was also why in the past i wasn't able to download clipart and templates ) however my dilema now is why are these files damaged( as i would have noticed it in the past) and what could i perhaps do to rectify this?? If the active x's cannot be updated would i then have to uninstal Norton IS 2005, apart from the screen shot in question Norton is still functioning(Norton came bundled in my packard bell pc but is licensed till may 2007), or is my theory' way off base and i need to get on my :inlove: and pedal. Pleeeeeeese! help this wonderful ,caring,loving,warm human being put her "puter" to rights, a friends for life not just for Xmas!!!

Xmas hugs :flowers:
all round

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:31 AM

How could anybody resist such a cry for help :thumbsup: Before we proceed a number of questions :

Did your "puter"came with an installation disk of NIS or was it pre-installed?
Would you still have the serial number at hand?
You said packard bell. I assume there is a recovery partition on your computer? or do you have a XP disc?

In order to rule out everything please do the following :

- go to Ewido and perform an online scan

and post the result overhere. We take it from there onwards

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:10 AM

Were you having this problem prior to downloading IE7?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users