Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Pages Not Loading On First Try....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BryMFL

BryMFL

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:58 PM

I'm having a problem with having to reload about 80% of all web pages that I visit by either clicking reload, the go button, or clicking the link multiple times. This had been going on now off and on for like 6 months, but has just gotten unbearable in the last month. I use Fire Fox as my browser and all updates are complied with. Windows XP Pro. is my OS. All updates are complied with for the OS also.

I've tried just about everything. I've talked to multiple companies and most of them just ask if I've got a virus/add/spyware programs and I do. I run CC cleaner/Windows Defender/McAfee Antivirus. I have a cable modem. So far I've had the ISP come and check the signal (2 times), tried a different modem, reformatted my hard drive, reloaded windows (still had the problem right after reload), updated all drivers and programs, tried both the USB and LAN connection for the modem.

I didn't have this problem for the first 5 months of using this exact connection, but like I said it's just gotten worse. When everything worked correctly it was a great connection. Now it can't load the simplest of pages. My computer was home built by me about 3 years ago, so I was wondering if there is a possibility of any certain part(s) going bad. This problem is the only thing not working correctly with the system, everything else still runs great. Some of the hardware that I have is: P4HT 2.6G proc., 256 DDR RAM, 64MB Radeon All-n-Wonder Video card, Asus mother board, 120G SATA hard drive(only 18G's on use).

I am all out of ideas. My next plans of action will be to start changing out parts. If anybody has a clue to what might be wrong please help me. Thanks for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:54 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer BryMFL,
Some people,including me have had problems with their firewall when using Firefox.Are you using ZoneAlarm?

Try disabling it and see if the pages load any better.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

What is the version of Java software. Currently update 10 is available
Especially when you are using FF this could be an issue.
I would also install Adaware and Spybot but that is beyond your problem.
Did you try to restore websettings in IE? Which version are you running?>

#4 BryMFL

BryMFL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:23 PM

All firewalls are turned off, java is updated to 10. I have the same problems in IE and it's the newest one also

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:17 PM

Did it start or get worse when you changed to IE7?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 BryMFL

BryMFL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:27 AM

I'm not to sure. It all started back in March or April of this year. So if IE7 came out then, then maybe. I really havn't used IE since then though. Even if I don't use IE would it still need updates? And if so shouldn't the Window's Update program be doing that?

#7 BryMFL

BryMFL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:20 AM

I've been doing some reading of posted topics on here it seems like quit a few people are having the same problems.

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

The problem might also be related to connection speed or bandwidth use. I find when I've got too much stuff downloading at once, I'll get the "can't find page" error. Something could also be mucked up with the ISP. I had to discontinue one of mine because at least half the pages couldn't be found by that ISP, but there were no problems using a different ISP to go to the same pages just moments later.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#9 mattalan

mattalan

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:40 AM

Download Firefox or Opera or Avant(which is what I use), unistall IE7, then redownload IE6. and your problem should be fixed (People on another forum were talking about this)

#10 BryMFL

BryMFL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:12 AM

Nope still doesn't work keep trying...I'm thinking maybe the RAM is going bad....anyone have an opinion?

#11 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:11 AM

Perhaps you could an online memory test to rule that out. Klick herre and cplease come back with the result

#12 1landshark

1landshark

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:20 AM

I am having the exact same problem. I run IE7, Firefox 2.01 and Opera and it seems to be with all the browsers. Does anyone know from the above reply what is the problem with IE7 that might be causing this and how to repair it without having to go back to the prior version?

Thanks

#13 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:41 AM

1landshark as your problem is occuring with all your browsers, I don't think IE7 is the culprit in your case.

It could possibly be infections, a congested server or any of a number of other things.

What security programs do you have on your computer? Which ones have you run recently?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#14 1landshark

1landshark

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:01 AM

It's not a server problem as my wife's computer runs wireless on same server with no problems. I have Zone Alarm firewall and have turned it off and problems remain. I also have Kaspersky AV along with AVG Antispyware & AdAware. I have run numerous scans - no spyware, no viruses. Computer runs great with no problems and very fast. I'm sure that the problem happened after updating to Firefox 2.0 and IE7 but can't figure out how to fix it.

#15 BryMFL

BryMFL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:29 PM

I backed up to IE6 and still have the same problems. My next door neighbor has the same ISP and doesn't have any problems. My hard drive has gotten extremely loud lately when it's thinking. Is there any reason for that or could it contribute to the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users