Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Caused Bsod, Uninstall Didn't Fix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DWCV

DWCV

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

A friend's computer crashed after installing IE7. It crashed any time he opened the browser. So I suggested uninstalling IE7, but the computer is still crashing. I suggested a rollback to before IE7 was installed. That didn't help either.

The message is:
Stop: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005,0x00000000,0xf3b2cc54,0x00000000

As close as I can determine, that is an access memory violation. Unfortunatly I cannot see the computer as this person is an hour away. I asked if there were any files or drivers listed and the answer was no.

I don't know what to suggest at this point. I have read several posts with long lists of things to try, but I cannot do that long-distance. I was wondering if I should just suggest formatting?

I have IE7 on both of my computers with no problems, although to me, the only advantage is the text is easier to read.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DWCV

DWCV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:33 PM

I am replying to myself because I have more information. The most recent BSOD said to run the driver verifier and to enable special pool. Looks like there is a corrupt driver. There was also a page fault in a non-paged area. I have never run driver verifier, but found Microsoft's instructions. How easy is it for a novice to mess up their computer by running this program?

Candy

#3 happyrock

happyrock

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:34 AM

by rollback...do you mean system restore....

have them try booting in to safe mode...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users