Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted Service Pack 2, Now Wont Boot Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cargod3

cargod3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:18 PM

I plead ignorance here, i accidentally started the delete process in the change/ add/ delete section of windows xp, when the delete prcess had copied all the files, i imeediatley went to windows update and downloaded svc pack 2 again, thinking it would undo any damage I had created.... Well, when i go to boot , the h/p screen flashes, the windows sign on screen stays on for a few seconds, then it clicks, and the screen goes blank. It will do this over and over, I am a total greenpea at this, i think there is a way to re-boot, but i have no boot-disk or can i do something in the set up screen? It will let me get as far as the set up screen by hitting f1. Thank you in advance for any kind of advice that anybody can suggest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:41 AM

Ypu may have to do a repair install from the Repair Console. Do you have your Recovery or Installation disk from HP? If not I would recommend you order a set. It will only be about $20, and at some point you will need them anyways. List your model and we will help you find the order page at HP.
Can you boot to teh Boot Menu? Press F2 at boot and select "Last KNown Good Configuration" if you can reach the boot menu.

EDIT: I almost forgot... Welcome to BleepingComputer.

Edited by acklan, 10 December 2006 - 09:42 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users