Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Sign In To Yahoo Or Hotmail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Biker_guy40

Biker_guy40

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:38 PM

I am working on a Win. 98 computer and have cable access to the net. I can surf with out much problem although it has begun to crash pretty often. Anyway the main problem is that when I go to Yahoo or Hotmail and try to "sign in" I get a "page can not be displayed" page. I have run ad aware se and spybot s & d. Both find many things to remove but seem to be able to remove everything. Also soon after a reboot I get a message that a virus has been detected from symantec antivirus trojan vundo, I let it remove it but it keeps coming back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:51 PM

check this out:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18610/how-to-remove-winfixer-virtumonde-msevents-trojanvundob/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:53 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Biker_guy40,
To get rid of the Trojan.vundo,please follow the instructions Here.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 Biker_guy40

Biker_guy40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded the programs you sugessted however vundofix.exe didn't find anything and VirtumundoBeGone.exe will not run on a Win 98 computer. Is there anything else that I can use on Win 98? Thanks.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:02 PM

This should work with Windows 98.

If after attempting the instructions in this guide the infection is still present, then it is advised that you post your HijackThis log so one of our experts can help you remove the infection. You can post your HijackThis log at this forum:
HijackThis Log Analysis and Spyware Removal .
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users