Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Crashing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pennine

pennine

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:31 AM

Having problem with computer keeps on crashing, error report microsoft crash analysis said hardware failure
RAM
System board
CPU
power supply
Returned computer to supplier who said it could be overheating ran test and said that i had not installed graphics driver and this is the problem.
I gave them my drivers and utilities cd and windows xp pro but they did not return them.
how can i find what driver is missing and how do i replace it

AMD2600+CPU
512 ddr mem
80 gb 7200 hardrive Biostar mb
Event viewer system error cat 102 event 1003
Would welcome any help as machine is 11 months old

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:58 AM

Are you still getting the errors? If so, we'll need some information on the exact error message that you're having (see below).

If not, and you just need the information, try this nice, free standalone tool (doesn't require installation) to list all of your hardware: http://www.gtopala.com/index.html

For the error message:

1. The first place to get the information is from the Blue Screen itself. Write down all of the long numbers, the description that's in all Caps with underscores ( _ ) between the words, and any file names that may be mentioned (be sure to note if there wasn't a filename in your post). A more in depth look at this is included in the second reference ( How To Use The Event Viewer ).

In the event that the BSOD flashes by too fast to read, use the first reference to disable the Automatically Restart function ( How To Disable Automatic Restarts ).

2. The next place to find the information is in the Event Viewer. Use the mini-guide in the second reference to see how to do this ( How To Use The Event Viewer ).

3. The last place to find the information is on your hard drive. Search your hard drive for files ending in .dmp and .mdmp. You're looking for the most recent file (or the one closest to the last BSOD that you experienced). Once you find it, use the third reference ( How To Debug Memory Dumps ) to perform an analysis of the memory dump. Be sure to use the !analyze -v command in the bottom of the Debugger's window before closing out your session. Then copy and paste the results into your next post. Someone will have a look at it to see if we can figure out what's gone wrong.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:01 AM

Event viewer system error cat 102 event 1003

Usual sign of hardware not software issue. I would say the supplier hosed you. I would go back and tell him to repair it plus return your CDs especially the WinXP Pro disk.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

This link shows many different Event ID's of 1003 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/e...p;Language=1033

Without further information it's impossible to tell what has caused this. This is probably a hardware error - but whether it's the hardware itself or the drivers is not known without more details.

If it's hardware, then hardware troubleshooting is called for (removing/swapping out parts)- if it's a driver, then we'll have to locate which one and fix it with software.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 pennine

pennine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:37 PM

error codes for above problem error signature
BCCode: 9c bcp1: 00000004 Bcp2: 805461FO BCP3:B2000000 BCP4: 00070FOF
OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 product:256_1

ERROR REPORT CONTENTS Following files will be included in this error report
C:\DOCUME~ 1ben\ LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7fde.dir00\Mini112706-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~!ben\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7fde.dir00\sysdata.xml

Computer crashed and re booted 3 times last night just want it to work o.k.

#6 pennine

pennine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:20 PM

swapped the memory for another,had hard drive checked still freezes then crashes at my wits end to solve problem

#7 pennine

pennine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:25 PM

swapped the memory for another,had hard drive checked still freezes then crashes at my wits end to solve problem

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

Link to error: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x9c

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

If you can locate the .dmp or .mdmp files on your drive try this link to analyze them: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246 Then post the results here for us to have a look at.

I suspect that, since this is basically a hardware fault (rather than a drive) type error that we won't find a whole bunch there.

Try this free utility to check your temps (if you can get into Windows): http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Try this mini-guide to help isolate the problem: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70216/hardware-troubleshooting-via-system-stripdown/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users