Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Analogx Proxy With Quick & Easy Ftp Server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nish

Nish

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:46 AM

I have an Win 98 machine on which I am running AnalogX Proxy, so that other machines on the Lan can access the Internet. I want to run an FTP Server such as Quick and Easy FTP Server or any other package which can make this machine as FTP server. But when I try to run Quick & FTP Server I get the message as Port already in use. I do not know what to do. Kindly help me at the earliest.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

Sorry I did not respond sooner. You can move your FTP server to another port. This is not uncommon amount the "DSL\Cable server" community. The only down side is you will have to end your URL with the new port. The default port is port 21 and is understood when accessing the FTP port. Try port 8383.
Example ftp;//www.MyFTP.com:8383
I placed a semi-colon instead of a colon so it would not make the link active.

EDIT: I forgot to post the Microsoft link.

Edited by acklan, 15 December 2006 - 05:39 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users