Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An Asus Av7 KT133 Mother Board

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 murihikukid

murihikukid

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:14 PM

Hi....I am having terrible PC problems so first I want to establish if everything is right with my Motherboard ....On System Information and on Bios Start up...it says....
Asus Av7 ACPI Bios Revision 1012 Beta 001-A 10/09/2002...
SM Bios Version 2.3

AS a novice I understand this is my Bios version....
Yet on trying to find everything in Asus Support site ....It states 1009.zip and 1008.zip as the upgrades for my motherboard...

So has the wrong things been put in my Bios.....

The PC has always been "flakey"
and Now

I have just installed XP on a 160 GB Seagate Barracuda ..after partitioning it in three....
IE C= 10GB D and E = 70GB each....I now understand this was a not very wise move..
The E drive when touched by anything EG a find utility ....just locks up.......

I believe I would be better off with D and E as one partition which raises the question whether this can be done while all my important files are on both ...Or do I buy another drive....

Any help re the motherboard in particular would be very much appreciated..

Ron..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,676 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:15 AM

I assume this is the motherboard:

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V133&langs=01

If it is, I agree that the bios looks wrong, unless there is a beta floating around at one point that they do not offer any more. I would reflash your motherboard to the 1009 version and see if that helps.

As for the partitioning of your hard drives, I really do not see anything wrong with how you did it. If you want to join the two though, then you can copy all your files from the e: drive to the d: drive and then delete the e: partition. Then use a tool found here:

http://www.ranish.com/part/

To make the d: partition larger

#3 murihikukid

murihikukid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2004 - 04:57 PM

Hi Grinler....You are a lifesaver ...I searched for days and never found this info ....It has everything in the downloads section.....Yes ....I recall a technician for some reason did change the bios on the board ...Maybe thats why the PC has been so flakey for a long time now...

Now to study up how the bios is done....
Your help has been very much appreciated..Ron

#4 jimbob

jimbob

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:17 AM

This page shows you the available bios's for your board along with the bios flash utility that will change the bios on your board.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/it...A7V133&Type=All

David

#5 murihikukid

murihikukid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:16 AM

Thankyou for the replies to my problems...I have just received a reply to a message I sent to Asus support and they have attached the latest bios and where to get the latest drivers for my board.. so hopefully that works...Also I have now attached my Hard Drive to the Primary IDE slot ..where the CDrom Writer was connected and all three partitions are opening without a problem....
Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users