Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error On Starting The Computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Snake_death2

Snake_death2

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

Whenever I start my computer it shows a message:

Posted Image

I know its dutch, but it saids:
"There has been an error while loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\tnfyxll.dll
Access denied."
I haven't taken any actions yet, because it's a file related to windows and I'm afraid I'll do something wrong.
Hell was too full so I came back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

A search doesn't show a legit file by that name.

Read this: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer

Then post a Hijack This log here: HijackThis Logs and Analysis
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:11 AM

Have you recently removed any spyware or viruses from your system?

Also, you may be able to find help at this Dutch site run by a friend of mine: http://www.schoonepc.nl/

Edited by usasma, 09 December 2006 - 12:14 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Snake_death2

Snake_death2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:06 AM

Have you recently removed any spyware or viruses from your system?

Also, you may be able to find help at this Dutch site run by a friend of mine: http://www.schoonepc.nl/

Yes i have removed a virus called "Trojanhorse" but I'm not sure about the name though, I just know the "trojan" part of it. After that, when I restarted my computer, that message came up.
Hell was too full so I came back.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:14 AM

I suspect that the Trojan Horse resided in the program file "tnfyxll.dll". I'd also suspect that the Access Denied error might imply that the file is quarantined rather than removed (but that's a stretch).

So, what's happening is that the Trojan Horse is still trying to execute, but it cannot because the removal has made it not work.

As a start, you may want to try other anti-virus or anti-trojan programs to see if they can remove more of it and repair your system correctly.

Should that not work, then I'd suggest posting a HiJackThis log (after reading the instructions) in this forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Once the HiJackThis team is done working on your logfile, then we can move onto fixing this particular problem if it still exists.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users