Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unreadable Screen After Uninstalling Programs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rejohn

rejohn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

After a computer crash that required doing a recovery, I began the tedious process of re-installing programs. I loaded an old version of "Norton UnInstall" and began deleting unworkable programs left on the machine. When I re-booted the computer my display screen contains what looks like an organized display, but the "words" are jibberish. There are a couple icons that bring up the "turn off" box. Is there a way to get to the restore screen with keystrokes since the typical route is not there. The same creen also comes up in the "safe mode"
Thanks, Rejohn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:33 PM

Sounds like your video drivers were removed. Re-install them.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 rejohn

rejohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:38 PM

Thanks sir terrorist. I had hoped that I could do a restore, so I wouln't have to do another recovery. But since I couldn't find a way to click on anything that brought this up, I've decided to go with the recovery. Hitting F10 and starting the recovery, it gave a window that said it would bring up Windows with a restore screen. That didn't work. So I've now started the the recovery, so we can consider this question closed. Thanks, Rejohn

#4 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

I would toss the Norton Uninstall program. I have found that some of their so called fix utilities created more problems than they solved.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users