Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shareaza Has Ruined My Pc Performance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 migliac

migliac

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:27 AM

Hi there,

I am running Windows XP and made the mistake of installing Shareaza. I have deleted this from my system but it has left behind lots of spyware. Every time I start my PC Shareaza loads up even though it has been deleted.. Also Limewire keeps loading up and opening two applications of itself and it never used to do this.

I have used Ad-Aware and Spybot but hasnt done any good for this.

This is really slowing down my machine and cauding lots of crashes. Also keep getting the blue screen of death.

Also When I press Alt Cntrl Delete nothing happens so i cant stop crashed applications.

Hijackthis log below. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 20:13:58, on 05/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\blueyonder\PCguard advisor\PCguardadvisor.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\msconfig.exe
C:\Program Files\blueyonder IST\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\limewire\limewire.exe
C:\Program Files\shareaza\shareaza.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://uk.red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customi...fo/bt_side.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.google.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCguardadvisor.exe] "C:\Program Files\blueyonder\PCguard advisor\PCguardadvisor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [p2p networking] p2pnetworking.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: blueyonder Instant Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\blueyonder IST\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: msconfig.exe
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/SnapfishUKActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D731A83-6C80-4EA4-9646-5E06A0513274} (Sandlot Loader Control) - http://www.shockwave.com/content/ballistik...gwebinstall.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Server (MskService) - McAfee Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

Hello,

First start with uninstalling Ewido and Microsoft AntiSpyware, because both are outdated.
I am going to let you reinstall the newest version of Ewido (which is called AVG Antispyware) during this fix.

Reboot after uninstalling.

Then,
* Download Brute Force Uninstaller.
Unzip it to a folder of itís own (c:\BFU).
Read here how to unzip/extract properly:
http://metallica.geekstogo.com/xpcompressedexplanation.html
Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking BFU.exe

Next to the 'scriptfile to execute'-window you'll see a little icon as shown in next picture: Posted Image
When you click that icon, a little window will open that says: 'Please enter the full URL to the sript you want to execute'
In the field, copy and paste next URL:

http://metallica.geekstogo.com/alcanshorty.bfu

Click Ok.
Then click execute in Brute Force Uninstaller.

Extra note:
If nothing happens after pressing the Execute button, this means that the script didn't download. In that case, download the script
( alcanshorty.bfu ) manually from above url ( rightclick on it and choose 'save as' and save it in your BFU-folder). Then start BFU.exe again and click the browse button next to the 'scriptfile to execute'-window
Browse to the script you downloaded and Click Ok and Execute in Brute Force Uninstaller.

Wait for the complete script execution box to popup and press OK.
Press exit to terminate the BFU program.

Please download, install, and update AVG Anti-Spyware
  • Load AVG Anti-Spyware and then click the Update tab at the top. Under Manual Update click Start update.
  • After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
  • Then click on the Scanner tab at the top. Click the "Settings" tab and then change the recommended action to Quarantine and click Automatically generate report after every scan. Click back to the "Scan" tab and then click on Complete System Scan. This scan can take quite a while to run, so be prepared.
  • AVG Anti-Spyware will list any infections found on the left hand side. When the scan has finished, it will automatically set the recommended action. Click the Apply all actions button. AVG Anti-Spyware will display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side.
  • Click on "Save Report", then "Save Report As". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again (like on the Desktop).
  • Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot!!
  • Post the contents of the AVG Anti-Spyware log you saved in your next reply together with a new Hijackthislog.

AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 migliac

migliac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:56 AM

Hi there, thanks ever so much for the help, much appreciated.

Here is the new hijackthis log. The AVG log is too large too attach as these text boxes have a maximum word limit. I would need to post about 100 replies to fity it all in. is there any way i can attach the file or email you this?

Thanks
Scan saved at 16:42:08, on 09/12/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\blueyonder\PCguard advisor\PCguardadvisor.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\blueyonder IST\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\limewire\limewire.exe
C:\Program Files\shareaza\shareaza.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://uk.red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customi...fo/bt_side.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.google.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCguardadvisor.exe] "C:\Program Files\blueyonder\PCguard advisor\PCguardadvisor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: blueyonder Instant Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\blueyonder IST\bin\matcli.exe
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/SnapfishUKActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D731A83-6C80-4EA4-9646-5E06A0513274} (Sandlot Loader Control) - http://www.shockwave.com/content/ballistik...gwebinstall.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Server (MskService) - McAfee Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe

Edited by migliac, 09 December 2006 - 12:05 PM.

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

Hi migliac,

I see you edited your post and left the logs out.. Most probably this is because the log from AVG Antispyware is HUGE.
So just post your Hijackthislog in your next reply and upload the log from AVG Antispyware here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=8

Edit:

Here is the new hijackthis log. The AVG log is too large too attach as these text boxes have a maximum word limit. I would need to post about 100 replies to fity it all in. is there any way i can attach the file or email you this?

Lol.. you read my mind.. Yes, please, upload it.

Edited by miekiemoes, 09 December 2006 - 12:07 PM.

AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:11 PM

In a meanwhile, check and fix next entries in Hijackthis:

I see Shareaza and Limewire are still running, but that's because you didn't stop them during this fix.
Normally you should be able to stop both programs now without them reloading again.
Let me know if they reload automatically again or not after you stopped them.

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:08 AM

Hi,

As I see from your AVG Report you submitted, it could successfully delete the bad files.
However, it's better you take a look again in next folders (folder with an underscore ( _ ) as the name):

C:\Program Files\Shareaza\Downloads\_
C:\Documents and Settings\mark\Shared\_
C:\Documents and Settings\mark\My Documents\Downloads\_

and delete any file that may be still present there, because those are the infected files that were downloaded via Shareaza.

Let me know in your next reply how things are now.

#7 migliac

migliac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:18 AM

Hi miekiemoes, I have posted the AVG log to the link in the last post....phew that was alot easier than copy and pasting!

I have also deleted the the 2 entries in hijackthis. Limewire and shareaza do not load up any more, thanks. I left them open when i ran the avg scan because if i closed them they would just reopen withinn a minute or two....but all seems fine now.

I was very close to reformatting so thanks a million for your help.

do you know how my machine may have been infected? is it likely shareaza will have caused these problems?

Do you have any advice for staying unaffected in the future? Will AVG keep running and prtect me from such problems?

#8 migliac

migliac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:26 AM

just deleted those folders. things seem to be all good now. is there any freee software you would suggest i run to keep my machine protected?

ta

#9 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:09 AM

Hello,

You were infected with a variant of the Alcra worm.. This is a worm that propagates through file-share networks, such as limewire and Shareaza in your case.
It's not the p2p program like Shareaza that is the cause, but you got it because you were most probably searching for illegal software, found it, executed it and got this worm instead. Once this worm installs itself, it keeps downloading so called cracks for software which are actually this worm as well - and these so called cracks are placed in your Shared Folders, so other people using p2p can download it again from you and get infected as well.

So, in general - p2p programs are ALWAYS a risk, because you can never be certain what you download - and in this case you downloaded and installed a worm and infected a lot of other computers with it as well.

Anyway, this is solved now.. and glad I could help. :thumbsup:

To keep this clean in the future, I would suggest the following things:

Install Spywareblaster
SpywareBlaster doesn`t scan and clean for so-called spyware, but prevents it from being installed in the first place. It blocks the popular spyware ActiveX controls, and also prevents the installation of any of them via a webpage.
How to use SpywareBlaster

* Avoid illegal sites, because that's where most malware is present.
* Don't click on links inside popups.
* Don't click on links in spam messages claiming to offer anti-spyware software; because most of these so called removers ARE spyware.
* Download free software only from sites you know and trust. Because a lot of free software can bundle other software, including spyware.

Let your antispywarescanner(s) scan frequently and don't forget to update before.

And I do suggest you perform an online virusscan once in a while. (Housecall and/or Bitdefender). Because what one virusscanner can't find another one maybe can.
Also make sure that your virusscanner, the one that is installed on your system is always up to date!

Make sure your windows has the latest updates: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

If you are having XP SP2, read here how to configure Security Features for Internet Explorer:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...xp/iesecxp.mspx

Also visit this Free Online Scanner for PC Health and Safety and Microsoft Security At Home for tips to Protect your Pc, Protect yourself and Protect your Family.

More info on how to prevent malware you can also find here (By Tony Klein)
and here: http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Prevent...nt_Re-infection

Also read: Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

Happy surfing again! :flowers:

#10 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:43 AM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

#11 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:31 PM

Reinfected with pe386 rootkit this time.
User asked to reopen thread since BSODS started to appear.

Combofixlog:

"Administrator" - 07-01-14 17:26:55 Service Pack 2
ComboFix 07-01-14.2 - Running from: "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop"

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00001.dll
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00002.dll
C:\winstall.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2006-12-14 to 2007-01-14 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-14 14:25 3,968 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AvgAsCln.sys
2007-01-14 14:25 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Grisoft
2007-01-14 13:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\Application Data\Sun
2007-01-14 13:21 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\Application Data\.ABC
2007-01-13 22:21 3,648 --a------ C:\ownwlpm.exe
2007-01-13 22:21 23,552 --a------ C:\vico.exe
2007-01-13 22:21 2,969 --a------ C:\ryembqbd.exe
2007-01-13 22:21 1,024 --a------ C:\xklxhlc.exe
2007-01-13 22:21 1,024 --a------ C:\qawl.exe
2007-01-13 22:21 1,024 --a------ C:\kptsss.exe
2007-01-10 01:42 <DIR> d--hs---- C:\WINDOWS\CSC
2007-01-07 22:32 14,909 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\A_reg.reg
2007-01-07 22:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Cucusoft
2007-01-07 21:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Download Manager
2007-01-07 21:20 <DIR> d-------- C:\ConverterOutput
2007-01-07 21:19 395,776 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\libmplayer.dll
2007-01-07 21:19 34,820 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\ffdshow.reg
2007-01-07 21:19 262,144 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\TomsMoComp_ff.dll
2007-01-07 21:19 2,255,360 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\libavcodec.dll
2007-01-07 21:19 112,640 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\libmpeg2_ff.dll
2007-01-07 20:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage
2007-01-07 20:17 765,952 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvidcore.dll
2007-01-07 20:17 180,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvidvfw.dll
2007-01-07 20:17 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Xvid
2007-01-07 20:10 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Connect 2
2007-01-07 20:08 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles
2007-01-07 20:08 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UMDF
2007-01-03 16:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Shockwave.com
2007-01-03 15:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools SearchBar
2007-01-03 15:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\WhenU
2007-01-03 15:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\mark\Application Data\WhenU
2007-01-03 15:29 639,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sptd.sys
2007-01-02 11:58 563,712 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\mark\gotomypc_370.exe
2006-12-21 23:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\VideoraiPodConverter
2006-12-21 23:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5
2006-12-21 23:03 <DIR> dr--s---- C:\WINDOWS\assembly
2006-12-21 23:03 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
2006-12-21 23:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\URTTemp
2006-12-20 22:14 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\mark\Application Data\.ABC
2006-12-20 22:13 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\ABC
2006-12-18 21:08 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\mark\Application Data\uTorrent
2006-12-17 21:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\mark\Application Data\BitTorrent
2006-12-17 21:25 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\BitTorrent
2006-12-16 13:49 76,560 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys
2006-12-16 13:47 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\mark\.housecall6.6

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rootkit driver pe386 is present. A rootkit scan is required

2007-01-14 13:21 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\Application Data\.abc
2007-01-04 11:26 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\google
2007-01-03 22:28 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\hijackthis
2007-01-03 15:55 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\msn messenger
2006-12-20 22:11 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\azureus
2006-12-16 20:49 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\limewire
2006-12-16 13:36 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\registrar registry manager
2006-12-16 13:35 -------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\installshield installation information
2006-12-16 13:35 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\odbc
2006-12-15 19:12 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\irfanview
2006-12-10 12:58 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\spywareblaster
2006-12-09 15:39 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\grisoft1
2006-12-09 15:27 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware
2006-12-09 15:24 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\microsoft antispyware
2006-12-07 19:26 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\rm to mp3 converter2
2006-12-04 20:58 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\lavasoft
2006-12-04 20:56 147456 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbzip10.dll
2006-12-03 17:58 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\shareaza
2006-12-03 13:37 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\xilisoft
2006-12-02 12:35 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\sopcast
2006-11-29 22:31 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\dvdxsoft
2006-11-27 07:54 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\hypnotizer
2006-11-23 23:06 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\limewire turbo
2006-11-23 22:47 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\bearshare applications
2006-11-23 22:07 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\bt yahoo! help
2006-11-23 22:06 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\motive
2006-11-23 22:03 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\yahoo!
2006-11-23 21:34 10 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\smdat32m.sys
2006-11-23 20:53 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\ares ultra
2006-11-18 00:15 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\msxml 4.0
2006-11-08 05:06 679424 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcomm.dll
2006-11-04 14:14 1245696 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml4.dll
2006-10-19 13:56 713216 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\sxs.dll
2006-10-18 21:58 8704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
2006-10-18 21:58 8704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\uwdf.exe
2006-10-18 21:47 991744 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drmv2clt.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 937984 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmnetmgr.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 767488 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvsencd.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 757248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmadmod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 656896 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvxencd.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 63488 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdmtpus.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 629760 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpd_ci.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 603648 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmspdmod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 542720 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\blackbox.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 535040 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmdrmsdk.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 429056 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmdrmdev.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 414208 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscp.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvdmoe2.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvdmod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvadve.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvadvd.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmsdmoe2.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmsdmod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfapi.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpg4dmod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mp4sdmod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 4096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mp43dmod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 38400 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdshextres.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 37376 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmdmps.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 35840 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdconns.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 356352 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdsp.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 348672 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmdrmnet.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 33792 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmdmlog.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 321536 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswmdm.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 317440 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mp4sdecd.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 284160 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\portabledeviceapi.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 276992 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\audiodev.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 27136 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspmsnsv.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 2603008 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdshext.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 259072 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpg4decd.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 259072 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mp43decd.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 2450944 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvcore.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 229376 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\cewmdm.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 222208 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmasf.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 212992 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfplat.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 211456 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\qasf.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 199168 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\portabledevicewmdrm.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 179712 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msnetobj.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 175616 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspmsp.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 166912 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\portabledevicetypes.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 1574912 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvencod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 157184 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmidx.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 154624 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdmtp.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 1543680 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvdecod.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 1382912 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvsdecd.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 133632 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdshserviceobj.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 1329152 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmspdmoe.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 132096 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\portabledevicewiacompat.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 11264 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\laprxy.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 1117696 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmadmoe.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 101888 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\portabledeviceclassextension.dll
2006-10-18 20:03 100864 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\logagent.exe
2006-10-18 20:00 249856 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drmupgds.exe
2006-10-18 20:00 17408 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdshextautoplay.exe

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"CTFMON.EXE"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runonce]
"FlashPlayerUpdate"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\Macromed\\Flash\\GetFlash.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"PCguardadvisor.exe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\blueyonder\\PCguard advisor\\PCguardadvisor.exe\""
"QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"!AVG Anti-Spyware"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\\avgas.exe\" /minimized"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^blueyonder Instant Support Tool.lnk]
"item"="blueyonder Instant Support Tool"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\blueyonder IST\\bin\\matcli.exe -boot"
"location"="Common Startup"
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\blueyonder Instant Support Tool.lnk"
"backup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pss\\blueyonder Instant Support Tool.lnkCommon Startup"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\iTunesHelper]
"item"="iTunesHelper"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunesHelper.exe\""
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MCAgentExe]
"item"="MCAgentExe"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\McAfee.com\\Agent\\McAgent.exe"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MCUpdateExe]
"item"="MCUpdateExe"
"command"="c:\\PROGRA~1\\mcafee.com\\agent\\mcupdate.exe"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MSKAGENTEXE]
"item"="MSKAGENTEXE"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\McAfee\\SPAMKI~1\\MSKAgent.exe"
"hkey"="HKEY"
"key"="Run"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\sharedtaskscheduler]
"{E2CA7CD1-1AD9-F1C4-3D2A-DC1A33E7AF9D}"="USB Ware"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\shellserviceobjectdelayload]
"WPDShServiceObj"="{AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"ForceClassicControlPanel"=dword:00000001
"NoDesktopCleanupWizard"=dword:00000001
"NoActiveDesktopChanges"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\run]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoSharedDocuments"=dword:00000001
"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoInternetIcon"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
"SecurityProviders"="msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost]
HTTPFilter REG_MULTI_SZ HTTPFilter\0\0
LocalService REG_MULTI_SZ Alerter\0WebClient\0LmHosts\0upnphost\0SSDPSRV\0\0
NetworkService REG_MULTI_SZ DnsCache\0\0
DcomLaunch REG_MULTI_SZ DcomLaunch\0TermService\0\0
rpcss REG_MULTI_SZ RpcSs\0\0
imgsvc REG_MULTI_SZ StiSvc\0\0
termsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ TermService\0\0
WudfServiceGroup REG_MULTI_SZ WUDFSvc\0\0

*newlycreated* - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\LEGACY_AVGASCLN

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\RegCure.job

Completion time: 07-01-14 17:29:46

#12 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

Please perform my next instructions in the right order..

Uninstall DAEMON Tools SearchBar and WhenU via add/remove programs if present.

Delete next files and folders:

C:\ownwlpm.exe
C:\vico.exe
C:\ryembqbd.exe
C:\xklxhlc.exe
C:\qawl.exe
C:\kptsss.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools SearchBar <== folder
C:\Program Files\Common Files\WhenU <== folder
C:\DOCUME~1\mark\Application Data\WhenU <== folder
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbzip10.dll
C:\WINDOWS\smdat32m.sys

Download
http://www.uploads.ejvindh.net/rustbfix.exe
...and save it to your desktop.

Double click on rustbfix.exe to run the tool. If a Rustock.b-infection is found, you will shortly hereafter be asked to reboot the computer. The reboot will probably take quite a while, and perhaps 2 reboots will be needed. But this will happen automatically. After the reboot 2 logfiles will open (%root%\avenger.txt & %root%\rustbfix\pelog.txt). Post the content of these logfiles along with a new HijackThis log.

#13 migliac

migliac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

Hello,

I have deleted those files and run the program. the txt file results are below. I have no idea what this means, i'm guessing it will mean more to you!

************************* Rustock.b-fix -- By ejvindh *************************
16/01/2007 21:44:40.90

******************* Pre-run Status of system *******************

Rootkit driver PE386 is found. Starting the unload-procedure....

Rustock.b-ADS attached to the System32-folder:
:lzx32.sys 70816
Total size: 70816 bytes.
Attempting to remove ADS...
system32: deleted 70816 bytes in 1 streams.

Looking for Rustock.b-files in the System32-folder:
No Rustock.b-files found in system32

******************* Post-run Status of system *******************

Rustock.b-driver on the system: NONE!

Rustock.b-ADS attached to the System32-folder:
No System32-ADS found.

Looking for Rustock.b-files in the System32-folder:
No Rustock.b-files found in system32

******************************* End of Logfile ********************************

Logfile of The Avenger version 1, by Swandog46
Running from registry key:
\Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\flmaciui

Script file located at: \??\C:\adjxskba.txt
Script file opened successfully.

Script file read successfully

Backups directory opened successfully at C:\Avenger

Beginning to process script file:

Driver PE386 unloaded successfully.
Program C:\Rustbfix\2run.bat successfully set up to run once on reboot.

Completed script processing.

Finished! Terminate.

#14 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

That went well.

Can you also rescan with combofix and post the log in your next reply together with a new Hijackthislog (you forgot that previously)

#15 migliac

migliac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Hi, here's the new combofix

"Administrator" - 07-01-17 22:46:29 Service Pack 2
ComboFix 07-01-14.2 - Running from: "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop"

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2006-12-17 to 2007-01-17 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-16 21:51 <DIR> d-------- C:\avenger
2007-01-16 21:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\Rustbfix
2007-01-07 20:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-17 22:45 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\hijackthis
2006-12-16 13:47 76560 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys
2006-12-16 13:35 -------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\installshield installation information
2006-10-18 21:47 132096 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\portabledevicewiacompat.dll
2006-10-18 21:47 101888 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\portabledeviceclassextension.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"PCguardadvisor.exe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\blueyonder\\PCguard advisor\\PCguardadvisor.exe\""
"!AVG Anti-Spyware"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\\avgas.exe\" /minimized"
"MCUpdateExe"="c:\\PROGRA~1\\mcafee.com\\agent\\mcupdate.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^blueyonder Instant Support Tool.lnk]
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\blueyonder Instant Support Tool.lnk"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\iTunesHelper]
"item"="iTunesHelper"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MCAgentExe]
"item"="MCAgentExe"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MCUpdateExe]
"item"="MCUpdateExe"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MSKAGENTEXE]
"item"="MSKAGENTEXE"
"hkey"="HKEY"
"key"="Run"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\sharedtaskscheduler]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\shellserviceobjectdelayload]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\run]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]

Completion time: 07-01-17 22:49:04
C:\ComboFix2.txt ... 07-01-14 17:29

And here's the Hijackthis

Scan saved at 23:01:12, on 17/01/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://uk.red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customi...arch.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\GetFlash.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Indexing Service (CiSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ups.exe (file missing)

Thanks

Hi, here's the new combofix

"Administrator" - 07-01-17 22:46:29 Service Pack 2

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2006-12-17 to 2007-01-17 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-16 21:51 <DIR> d-------- C:\avenger
2007-01-16 21:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\Rustbfix

2007-01-17 22:45 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\hijackthis
2006-12-16 13:47 76560 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys

"MCUpdateExe"="c:\\PROGRA~1\\mcafee.com\\agent\\mcupdate.exe"

"Installed"="1"

"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

"Installed"="1"

"item"="iTunesHelper"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

"item"="MCAgentExe"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

"item"="MCUpdateExe"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"key"="Run"

"item"="MSKAGENTEXE"
"hkey"="HKEY"
"key"="Run"

Completion time: 07-01-17 22:49:04
C:\ComboFix2.txt ... 07-01-14 17:29

And here's the Hijackthis

Scan saved at 23:01:12, on 17/01/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://uk.red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customi...arch.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\GetFlash.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Indexing Service (CiSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ups.exe (file missing)

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users