Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sarahmacdaniel

sarahmacdaniel

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:58 PM

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I have a problem with my DVD player on my computer. It is a fairly new Dell--I just got during the Summer. My DVDs won't play anymore. I have played them many times before, but now for some reason they won't play. I have played them in Windows Media player and the Dell Media Center and neither of them will play my DVDs anymore. When I try to play them I get some message about screen resolution or copywrite. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 07 December 2006 - 10:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:04 PM

Welcome to BC Sarahmacdaniel

Which version of WMP do you have? As far as screen resolution, please right click on an empty space on your desktop properties settings and post us what you have. Also advise which video card you have..

Edited by fozzie, 07 December 2006 - 11:04 PM.

#3 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:31 PM

Its also pretty common to have cd\dvd drives just die... Even if they seem new.

Try putting a data cd or something in and see if it can read that.

(possibly it might have somehow changed the dvd region...)

#4 sarahmacdaniel

sarahmacdaniel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:18 PM

I have version 10 Media Player and I have already done all the possible screen resolution changes and it didn't solve the problem. I have even tried all of the troubleshoot suggestions from the Media Player and none of them helped. I still don't know what to do. It still read cds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users