Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen A Little Blurred After Installing New Video Card

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin3310

Kevin3310

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:21 AM

I just installed an nvidia Geforce fx 5200 . and when i turned on the computer it was blurred like the picture im about to uploadso any comments or anyways to fix this plz help >_<

i cant use another video card thats like the only thing i can't do so yeah sorry >_<

lol i naemd it blue test by accident

Posted Image

Edited by Kevin3310, 07 December 2006 - 04:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:24 AM

Hmmm....odd.....Try this: Right click on the background of your desktop. Now click on "Properties" and a window will pop up. Click on the "Appearance" tab, then click on the "Effects" button. Put a "check" in the box next to "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts" then right below it select "Standard". Then, put a check next to "Show shadows under menus". Play with these settings and see if it makes a difference.

Also, you can try changing the resolution of your monitor for a better appearance, and make sure that you have the latest drivers from Nvidia.

If none of this helps, please post back and let us know!

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Kevin3310

Kevin3310
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

the thing is idk if i do have the right drivers >_< and nope after following ur directions it still the same .

PS mind telling me how to update my drivers??

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:18 PM

the thing is idk if i do have the right drivers >_< and nope after following ur directions it still the same .

PS mind telling me how to update my drivers??

Ok, for the drivers, go to this Nvidia website HERE. There's 3 boxes side by side maybe halfway down the screen. In the box on the left, click on "Graphic drivers". Now, in the middle box, click on "GeForce and TnT2". Finally, in the box on the right, click on your operating system. At the bottom of the left box, click the button "GO". You'll be directed to another web page. Click on the "Primary Download Site" link (text appears in blue) maybe halfway down the screen. When you click on it, another web page will load and ask you to either accpt or decline the license (click Accept or you can't download it). Once you click accept, you'll be directed to another web page, but you do not have to give them your email address unless you want to sign up for their news letter (completely up to you). A little window should pop up saying that you're downloading the drivers (NOTE* It's 40.5 MB, so it may take a minute or 2 to download). If a pop up window doesn't appear, then look for the "information bar" at the top of the window, right click on it and click on "Download File..."

To install the drivers, I prefer to uninstall my old drivers first, restart the computer then install the newer ones.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you make out with this!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Kevin3310

Kevin3310
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

where do u uninstall old drivers?? >_< cuz i had a volari v3 in here andi dont remember uninstalling anything are all the drivers in appwiz.cpl??

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:55 PM

See if you can't use the program to uninstall the drivers. Find the driver program in the programs list (Start>All Programs) and see if there's not an option for uninstall. If not, then go to Start>Control Panel>Add & Remove programs. Find the program that contains the drivers (maybe volari? or volari v3?), click on it then click "Remove". This should uninstall the drivers. Restart your computer and install the drivers that you've download from the site that I provided earlier.

Let us know how you make out! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#7 Kevin3310

Kevin3310
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:03 AM

ok im pretty shure its updated still blurred and i couldnt find any volaris in my add/remove programs

#8 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:20 AM

Well, I'd say that you'd have to be sure that you're old drivers were uninstalled before you installed your new ones...I'm not sure which one would take priority over actually running your graphics card.

Did you download and install the drivers that I had listed? If so, were there any errors when you installed them?

Please let me know! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#9 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:07 AM

What kind of monitor is this? If this is a LCD many LCD perform very badly if the resolution is too low or too high for the monitor. You need to set the resolution to match the monitors specs.
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

#10 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:19 AM

What kind of monitor is this? If this is a LCD many LCD perform very badly if the resolution is too low or too high for the monitor. You need to set the resolution to match the monitors specs.

Good point! Also want to ensure that your hertz is well within the limits of your monitor also!

Nice catch nlinecomputers!
Posted Image

#11 Kevin3310

Kevin3310
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:43 AM

im pretty shure i uninstalled the drivers cuz wen i restarted everything was all big again and still blurry then i reinstalled the driver and had to do my resolution thing and my 75 hert refresh rate.

im running a viewsonic a90f

Edited by Kevin3310, 08 December 2006 - 11:44 AM.

#12 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:48 PM

Try upping your hertz to either 80 or 85 (I believe that 85 is more commonly supported). If that doesn't help, then try lowering it to 60. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#13 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:07 PM

According to Viewsonic's website optimal settings for this monitor are 1280x1024 optimal resolution at 80Hz

http://www.viewsonic.com/support/desktopdi...ies/a90f/#specs
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

#14 Kevin3310

Kevin3310
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:37 AM

tried 85 hertz aint working >_< now im starting to think its my screen plug or something >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users