Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Good Mmo's?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:26 AM

is there any good free mmo's around that has low requirements, fun, 3d/2d, not text, client download and different?
I've tried the following and either didn't work or don't like so don't mention.
Gunbound
KalOnline
Tibia

I've seen the following and is never going to be interested in them don't mention as well:
Maple Story
Knight Online
Hero Online
Conquer Online

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:30 PM

I'd say Guild Wars. You have to buy the game (it's not a downloadable, free version), but once you buy it, there's NO monthly fee.

I believe I've covered a few things in this topic HERE.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

Ever play Runescape? Just go to www.runescape.com, you can play for free but then theres member's accounts which are like 5 bucks a month or so where there is a lot more skills,quests,items.

Edited by Sterling14, 07 December 2006 - 10:09 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:52 PM

I hear World of Warcraft isn't too demanding of system hardware.

3939.png

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

No, but WoW requires a monthly fee (I believe it's $15 per month)! For some, that's fine. IMHO, I would never own a game that I had to pay money for, only to get it home and then have to pay more money every month to keep playing it! Again, just my humble opinion! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 idk

idk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

i forgot to add runescape, i've already played that.
and i dont wanna buy

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:57 AM

Well, if you don't wanna buy, then you are certainly limited as to what choices you have.:flowers: I've heard some great things about runescape though, so if you haven't tried that already, you might want to consider giving it a shot!

If you ever opt to purchase a game, I'd go with Guild Wars. Great game, great support, and it's free to play once you purchase it (no monthly fee), all you need is an internet connection (you don't even have to insert the disc to play it once you've installed it)!

There's a nice list of free games right HERE on BleepingComputer.com! Scan through it and see if there's something there that catches your interest!

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 08 December 2006 - 09:05 AM.

Posted Image

#8 idk

idk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:42 PM

for all the rpg games, they're all the same to me so that makes it boring and makes me not want to try it.
the list is pretty good and i'll be looking through it.

#9 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:22 PM

I looked at a game called Roma Victor a while ago. It's not pretty to look at, but at least it's something different.

3939.png

#10 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:37 PM

There is a free MMO based off Star Wars, called Star Wars: Unification Wars http://uc.gamestotal.com/o_in_starwar.cfm?...CFRhLYwod_wLFMg
I haven't played it, but sounds fun.
You will not like me if I'm angry.

#11 killer_kyle

killer_kyle

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:16 AM

GUNZ - The Duel

PWNS!

Free download and account!
Not rpg, but is massive multiplayer online.

Go here:
gunz.ijji.com

Posted Image

#12 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:52 AM

Haven't tried them myself, but Gunz, Shadowbane, and Silkroad are some of the big free ones.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users