Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accidentally Modified A Picture Album

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:52 PM

Howdy,

Somehow when I went to My Pictures on the computer and started playing around I modified one of my picture albums.

Now when I click on that particular folder and it opens I do not see the pictures but rather colorful squares with the picture descriptions below each square.

When I click on one of the squares the picture will open in a preview box in the lower left hand corner of my screen. When I click on the next square that picture will go below in the preview box and the previous one will go back up top.

I have know Idea how I did this so I have know idea how to fix it. I would like to have my pictures displayed again.

Could someone please tell me how it is done. I hope I am making some sort of sense.

Thanks You for your time.

Dennis :thumbsup:

(Windows XP Home SP2 IE 7)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:42 PM

What happens when you click these squares is not familiar to me. However, "colorful squares with descriptions below" sounds like you're viewing in "icons" mode. Try clicking "View" in the toolbar, and then switching to "Thumbnails". Hope that helps. Good luck!

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

What happens when you click these squares is not familiar to me. However, "colorful squares with descriptions below" sounds like you're viewing in "icons" mode. Try clicking "View" in the toolbar, and then switching to "Thumbnails". Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I went to view and tried the thumbnail size and it did not work out.

I then went to customize (under view). I had somehow set it to view that folder as documents when I was looking around in there today. I changed it back to view as pictures. That will teach me not to click on things I know nothing about.

All is well.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis :thumbsup:

Edited by Dennis H, 06 December 2006 - 10:59 PM.

#4 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

Oh, I see! Now I've learned something new, too. Thank YOU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users