Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cookies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ICYcold

ICYcold

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:38 PM

Well...my dad has recently gotten an email address, even though he is computer illiterate. He knows why i delete all cookies, but it causes him to have to log in all the time to his email address on the internet. Is there a way i can select the certain cookie that stores the log in, and make sure that it isn't cleared when I run the ATF-cleaner?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 06 December 2006 - 06:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:46 PM

What browser? It seems as though ATF should have a setting to ignore personal cookies that are saved.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75, 06 December 2006 - 06:59 PM.

I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:01 PM

http://www.atribune.org/content/view/25/1/

The general instructions for its use on the forums are as follows:

This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.
This will remove all files from the items that are checked so if you have some cookies you'd like to save. please move them to a different directory first.

If you want to use a cleaner that you can designate which cookies to keep by using the program, Ccleaner has this option.

You can also block third party cookies, which are considered spyware, by settings in whatever browser you are using. Opera blocks them by default.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:15 PM

The other option is :

Download Ccleaner here Install and update. Open the program and klick on options and after that cookies. In that screen you can choose which cookies should bve kept and which you want to delete. Update this programm regulary. There is also an option to clean up the registry. I strongly suggest you stay away from that unless you have ticked under advanced "prompt for registry back up ". After you have run the registry cleaner under problems you are prompted to store a backup as a default thiswill go in My Documents In case something terribly goes wrong you still can go back.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:05 PM

I always avoid any "clean up" utilities, since they can often cause more problems than they resolve, and would never do a blanket delete of cookies, since some (as you are well aware) often perform needed services when browsing the web.
If you have Firefox, you can review and delete cookies manually, and you can do the same in IE once you know where they are stored.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users