Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

World Of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stragen

Stragen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:55 AM

Hello,
I'm in need of some help here. Recently, my computer has been going into stand by automatically. I had my brother check the CPU fan etc. and it was all fine, but he came to the conclusion that there may be a problem with the graphics card.
I am currently using an Nvidia GeForce 6800 XT, and have recently updated the drivers. I've noticed my computer going into stand by every 15minutes, sometimes it can last an hour or so. I particularly have this problem when I load World of Warcraft, and sometimes the screen just goes 'funny' (eg. graphical tears down the screen)
Could anyone help me with this? Do i need to buy a new graphics card? Or simply different drivers?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Stragen, 06 December 2006 - 11:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:02 PM

These are the system requirements

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

* Intel Pentium® III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz
* 512 MB or more of RAM
* 32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 2 class card or above
* DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
* 6.0 GB available HD space
* 4x CD-ROM drive
* A 56k or better Internet connectio

Here are the recommended requirements

* Intel Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz
* 1024 MB RAM
* 64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 class card or above
* Broadband Internet connection
* Two-button scroll-wheel mouse

Howe are your energy/power saving settings set?

#3 Stragen

Stragen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:45 PM

My specs are fine, before this incident my computer had absolutely no problem running wow at all. I have CPU Warning temp set to 90degrees, when my computer runs wow it's around 50. CPU Shutdown is disabled. Also, I have a screenshot of what happened to my screen as i attempted to run WoW here: Error

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:09 PM

Just where were you, or what were you doing, when this pretty screen appeared? In launching WOW, or logging in? etc.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Stragen

Stragen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:45 PM

Just where were you, or what were you doing, when this pretty screen appeared? In launching WOW, or logging in? etc.
Regards,
John

I logged on, launched firefox for around 2mins, then closed it and launched wow. WoW froze and i closed it via task manager then BAM .. There's the screen.

*EDIT* It was at the login screen of WoW.

Edited by Stragen, 07 December 2006 - 02:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users