Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had To Replace The Hdd And Os......

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:21 AM

I recently had to take my new computer into the manufactures service office,
And they had to replace the HDD, and install all the OS, etc; I am as before using Windows XP Pro Media Edition, in the past before having the HDD problem I use to be able to access my on line bank account web page , with no problem
The web site was in my internet options trusted sites, and it would access the banks
SSL 128 bit Encryption with no problems.

Now I come to use my computer, after putting the banks web site address into the Trusted sites option, when I try to access the bank web site, it accesses it Ok, but will
Not open the web page, all it say’s in the bottom left hand of the screen is..Done

I have not as yet made any alterations to the new settings in the internet options
As I did in the past, could this not being able to access the bank web site be any
Thing to do with all the internet options being set at default..? if so any ideas what needs to be altered with the internet options settings..? to enable me to access my bank account again …..

I have followed the instructions at the Microsoft web site…..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813444

but still no luck , any one got an Idea what to do next please.

Thanks …………Mypenry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:42 PM

What is the URL? Does the bank's webpage require Java?
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 mypenry

mypenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:17 PM

Hi TheTerrorist_75 The URL I amtrying to access is ....https://www.gruposantander.es/bog/sbi, and its in Spain. ive just translated this that came on screen .
I am not too sure is the URL requires Java ...... any ideas what to do next please..?

Thanks ............. Mypenry.

Recently, fraudulent envoys to clients of different Financial Organizations have been detected e-mails, asking for their data or keys of access to Electronic Bank. In order to avoid to be victim of a fraud never he takes care of requests of keys that arrive to him through electronic mail, and in addition: His card user, password, pin, sign, etc. are personal character data and strictly confidential, single they must be used for the access to the own services of Hispanic Central Santander. Distrust of any taking of personal data made through Internet, in name of Hispanic Central Santander, and outside its safe Web site. Before any doubt of the veracity of the requested data or authenticity of the visited pages, we requested contact of immediate way with Hispanic Central Santander by the established channels. No Company of the Santander Group will require information to him that already must be in its power. It never gives personal or financial information in answer to an email. It does not use the connections incorporated in e-mails or pages Web of third. In order to extend information referring to how one is due to act and that measured must take against the robbery from identity and the fraud online it consults www.nomasfraude.es. The servant of Hispanic Central Santander has a certificate emitted by an authority international certifier (Inc. Verisign). This certificate guarantees that really it has been connected with Hispanic Central Santander Bank and that the transmitted data are based. You will be able to verify puncturing it on the padlock that appears in the right inferior part of its navigator. Safe Connections SSL: Hispanic Central Santander has a security system that guarantees integrity and the confidentiality of the data that interchange between the client and Hispanic Central Santander Bank. All the sensible information is transmitted by the network encriptada by means of protocol SSL and keys of 128 bits. This system prevents that third people can see or modify these data. We helped him to know if his navigator fulfills these requirements of security:

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:31 PM

Try accessing this URL, does it let you login? If not, what error messages do you get?

http://www.gruposantander.es/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users