You may want to print this or save it to notepad as we will go to safe mode.
Fix these with HiJackThis mark them, close IE, click fix checked
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BAS] C:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\build_m.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Scan Spyware] "C:\Program Files\ScanSpyware v3.6\Scanner.exe"
Restart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:
Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.
Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.
START RUN type in %temp% - OK - Edit Select all File Delete
Delete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\temp
Not all temp files will delete and that is normal
Empty the recycle bin
Download AVG Anti-Spyware from http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
and save that file to your desktop. Note: This is NOT the Anti Virus from AVG.
When the trial period expires it becomes feature-limited freeware but is still worth keeping as a good on-demand scanner.
1. Once you have downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double click it to launch the set up program.
2. Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition files.
3. On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
o Next select the "Start Update" button. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
4. Once the update has completed, select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
5. Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
6. Under "Reports"
o Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
o Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
Close AVG Anti-Spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet, we will run it in safe mode.
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.
IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning as it may interfere with the scanning process:
2. Launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double clicking the icon on your desktop.
3. Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
4. AVG will now begin the scanning process. Please be patient as this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete, do the following:
5. If you have any infections you will be prompted. Then select "Apply all actions."
6. Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
7. Select the "Save report as" button in the lower lef- hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file. This is important).
8. Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot your system back into Normal Mode.
Post the log from AVG and a new HiJack logPlease give feedback on what worked/didnt work and the current status of your system