Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping Computer Profile Avatar

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 wesburnsco86

wesburnsco86

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:06 PM

oops sorry I mispelled profile ... Im lookin to make/find an avatar for this site(my profile)

Edited by wesburnsco86, 05 December 2006 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks to SteveAlmighty for my sig

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:57 PM

Click "My Controls" on top of any pages.
Once in Control Panel on left scroll down to Personal Profile
click on Edit Avatar Settings

Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 200 KB.
The following file types are allowed: gif,jpeg,jpg,png

BTW I edited your title for you. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#3 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:22 PM

:flowers:
Sorry to hijack your thread here wesburnsco86...

I love your new av Scarlett, it's adorable!! :thumbsup: :trumpet:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:59 PM

Also, the avatar itself may be no larger than 83x83 pixels.....I found this out the hard way! Ok, actually, tg1911 told me!

Here's a link where tg1911 talks about it...but the link is to a topic in the Test&Scribble area, so it may not be around to long :flowers: In the link he provides, there's a great tutorial on how to resize an image :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:50 PM

Thanks Steve!, I forgot that part about the allowable pixel size of 83x83.
:thumbsup:

And thank you Tink!! :flowers:

Edited by Scarlett, 07 December 2006 - 06:50 PM.

Posted Image

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

No problem at all Scarlett! I'm just glad to help :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#7 wesburnsco86

wesburnsco86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:30 AM

Ive found me one thats animated ,I love the ones that move.My next question is about the signature.
I like the one that stevealmigghty has.............Any tips?
Posted Image

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:08 AM

The only things you need to consider is the following:

Signatures are limited to 5 lines or 2000 characters; whichever comes first. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable, you will be requested to adjust your signature. Failure to comply will result in the removal of your signature.

Only one image per signature. Images in signatures must also be no larger than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high. If you have more than one image you will be requested to remove one. If this is not done in a timely manner the staff has the right to modify your signature to abide by these rules.

Any links in signatures can not be commercial in nature. If you have a personal website or off-site help resource, that is more than fine, but you can not sell products or services through your signature. Multiple links to the same site, unless for a very specific reason, are not permitted in a signature.

Links in your signature must be unobtrusive and can not use formatting so that attention is brought to them.

The quote taken from the Bleeping Computer Rules here.

Be (Signature Block) Safe :thumbsup:

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:09 AM

And thank you Tink!! :trumpet:

You're welcome! I don't even know what it is (a cat??? :flowers: ), but its soooo cute!! :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:52 AM

Ive found me one thats animated ,I love the ones that move.My next question is about the signature.
I like the one that stevealmigghty has.............Any tips?

Wellll.........I "designed" (for lack of a better term) this sig myself, meaning that I made it from scratch. You can make your own sig, but I will say that I was lucky enough to have an advantage: I'm a digital photographer, so I work with Photoshop everyday so I know how to do a lot of the little tricks like applying filters and working with multiple layers and whatnot.

I do (strongly) recommend that everyone tries to design their own sig, as it gets easier with time! :thumbsup: In no time flat, you'll be a pro at it!

For those who don't want to take the time to do their own sig, they can post and see if someone can't make one for them, or even just download one from a "free sig site" of some sort...I know they exist, but can't think of any of the site names!

There's a topic right HERE on BleepingComputer.com where one of the members said that (s)he'll make sigs if anyone needs one! You can post there and see what you can get made for you! If you don't have any luck, let me know and I'll see if I can't help you out some! :flowers:
Posted Image

#11 wesburnsco86

wesburnsco86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:41 PM

Thanx steve,and others...as for my avatar its not a cat lol.......its a Yin Yang symbol.
Yin_and_yang
Posted Image

#12 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:11 PM

Thanx steve,and others...as for my avatar its not a cat lol.......its a Yin Yang symbol.
Yin_and_yang

No problem at all!!! Glad I could help (well, kinda help! LOL!). If you need something with your sig, like I said earlier, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Sigs can also be animated (example below).

And, as far as your avatar, I really do like that! I've never seen anything like that with the way it's moving...very nice! I know about the yin yang, as I have it incorperated into one of my tatoos :thumbsup: :flowers:

Here's an example of an animated sig (yes, I made this one):

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 wesburnsco86

wesburnsco86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

I also have a tattoo of one.Man thats a wicked sig you just posted!! I like it better than the pats lol j/k.
Posted Image

#14 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

I agree!! That has got to be one of the coolest :thumbsup: sigs. I have ever seen!
Posted Image

#15 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

Yin_and_yang

The cat remark was directed towards Scarlett :flowers: :trumpet:
But I do like your sig, Yin Yang is part of my culture! :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users