Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Downloading Quicktime7 With Itunes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 green_ad31

green_ad31

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:25 PM

I recently purchased my son an ipod nano for his birthday and when I try to download the newest version of itunes with quicktime, I keep getting a registry error. I spent hours on the phone and computer trying to resolve this issue, however, everything I try fails. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 05 December 2006 - 10:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:18 PM

Is it a registry error?

or is it "iTunes had detected an audio configuration problem"

If it is, or if you see a "200 Error" when opening iTunes 7, the suggested fix is that QuickTime may need to be reinstalled.

Follow the steps below to uninstall QuickTime and then download and install QuickTime using the QuickTime standalone Installer.

1. On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. Open the Add or Remove Programs control panel and select QuickTime in the list of currently installed programs.
3. Click the Remove button and follow the prompts to remove QuickTime from your computer.
4. Download the QuickTime standalone installer from
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html.

There are two options for downloading QuickTime
select the second option that does not include iTunes.

5. If during the download you choose to run the installer, proceed to the next step.
* If you chose to save the download, double click the QuickTimeInstaller file.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install QuickTime.
7. Reopen iTunes.

iTunes 7 or later for Windows Installation stops responding while "registering modules"
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304541

#3 green_ad31

green_ad31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:25 PM

It is a registry problem. I have purchased a registry cleaner and cleaned my registry and It still won't install

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:00 PM

What is the exact error message that you get?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users