Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Amd Athlon Processor Was 2400+ Now Says 1800+

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

My PC Processor is an AMD Athlon 2400+. But since Chkdisc repaired some corrupted files it now says AMD Athlon 1800+. I had this problem before after my son reformatted my harddrive and the solution was to go into bios and change the default 100hz to I think it was 133hz. Can someone confirm this for me. Thanks again in advance.
Bluesjunior.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Archer-of-Death

Archer-of-Death

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, you should just overclock it to 133 and it'll be fine.
if u dont wanna go into the BIOS, i think there are online overclockers for Athlons.
(I remember having one on my 3000+)

Edited by Archer-of-Death, 05 December 2006 - 05:00 PM.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:40 PM

Excuse me for being dumb Archer-of-Death but what exactly is an Online overclocker and where do I get one?.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 Archer-of-Death

Archer-of-Death

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

Uhh I don't remember where to get one. But I think I downloaded mine on the drivers cd for my old Gigabyte NForce3 motherboard.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

These are programs that will "soft" overclock your processor - by elevating the FSB outside of the BIOS screens. Search for CPU-Z on google -they've got a free one.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

My PC Processor is an AMD Athlon 2400+. But since Chkdisc repaired some corrupted files it now says AMD Athlon 1800+. I had this problem before after my son reformatted my harddrive and the solution was to go into bios and change the default 100hz to I think it was 133hz. Can someone confirm this for me. Thanks again in advance.
Bluesjunior.

If you can tell us your brand and model of motherboard we maybe able to tell you the exact bios setting to get your AMD clocked correctly.
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

#7 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:53 AM

I bought this PC from MultiVision computers after it was voted best buy in PC magazine 3yrs ago. It originally came with a 5yr guarantee of which the first 3 were in house but approx 18mth after purchase MV went bust. It says on the purchase receipt it is a MSI KT4 V-L motherboard(KT400) 4x USB 2, LAN.

On the first page of the KT4V series users guide it says.
KT4V MS-6712 (v1.X)ATX Mainboard and under that it says Version 1.0 G52-M6712X1. hope this helps.

The day before yesterday I plucked up the courage and went into the BIOS and changed the setting from 100hz to 133hz saved changes and exited. It has now reverted to showing 2400+ as it did before the chkdisc scan. My PC is faster and doesn't seem to hang so much anymore. This seems to have solved the problem but appreciate your help/advice.

#8 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

Sounds like you hit the correct settings.
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

#9 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:43 AM

If it occurs again you may need a new battery for the motherboard. A weak or dead battery can revert your Bios settings to default.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users