Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Name Some Gift You'd Really Like For Christmas

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:35 PM

I would really like this pair of headphones (earbuds)

E500PTH Sound Isolating Earphones
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:25 PM

I'd love to have the thing that 'burns/etches' an image on the face of an actual CD (suspect Santa won't get it for me since I don't even know the proper name of it, though - gentle grin).

Hope you get the headphone, boopme - they would be wonderful!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:56 PM

Lightscribe by HP. They just came out with a new version to. It burns faster I read. Goodbye sharpie(even though its cheaper with a sharpie) hello lighscribe.

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:09 PM

Yipee, now I have the proper name for it - and a 'Lightscribe' will be my wish for a gift this year! Thanks so much for the information, Cowsgonemadd, really do appreciate it!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

You know its a special dvdrw/cdrw drive and special cds right?

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:22 PM

Dear Santa:
I know what I want is a bit expensive,so to help you reconsider my naughtiness look at this for MaraM. LightScribe.
Edit sorry didn't see that CGM posted while I was looking for the link
Here's the one I bought my daughter it works great
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16827106019

Edited by boopme, 05 December 2006 - 11:27 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

Wow, no wonder your daughter loved her new magical machine, boopme - and being kind enough to actually find the site for 'LightScribe' and the other link for me, well Santa is sure to be smiling!

And nope, I honestly had no idea it involved a special drive, CGM - laughing at myself because I thought one just bought some special CDs and special software and poof, the laser thing slready inside my computer would 'burn' the labels. Hoot! Now I can see why the LightScribe and similar machines are so expensive - eek! Guess both boopme and I were 'naughty' for asking for such expensive gifts - grin. Think I may have to change my request to Santa!

#8 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:27 AM

What I would want for christmas is a 1986 ATC250R. If I had one of those I would never do anything except ride it. :thumbsup:

-Nick

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:40 AM

Coool this one or yellow
1986 Four Trax

#10 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:00 AM

Actually its a 3 wheeler and it would look just like this one:

Honda ATC250r

#11 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:23 AM

I think I'd like one of these:
Posted Image

I've been asking my dad for one since I was 16, so this might be my year!!! :thumbsup:

What I'd really like is those noise canceling headphones from BOSE (I think). I keep blowing out all my headphones, cuz I'm kind of deaf and always blast my music! :trumpet: :inlove:
I'd probably blow out those expensive noise canceling ones, but that's something I really want! :flowers:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:18 AM

Why do you like 3 wheelers so much?

If I were to get a atv it would be a honda 450r. We dont have a sporty one.

#13 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:48 PM

Well first theyre cheap, we have 4 of them around and they all run and are very nice, and havent even spent 500$ total on all of them, including buying them. They are also a blast, I personally would never trade one of these for a quad. They are also something not everybody has, so when I go riding with friends or just around town people will stop and look at them cause you dont see one of these everyday, so they are kinda 'oldish' cool in that sorta sense. Biggest thing is they are just plain reliable. None of mine have ever had a bolt turned on the engine past the flywheel, and they all run like new. They are also fast for utility machines, the Big Red will do 60-65 and its only a 200. They have better handling, and unlike quads you cant just jump on them and go, you have to practice and get some skill before you ride a lot so you dont tip. They also dont tip as easy as you think either. You also use your body a lot more when riding, you have to lean during turns and going uphills, you almost use your body as the fourth wheel. But they are my hobby and I like them all a lot.

The three I own are all utility machines, so thats why I kinda wanted that 250r is for something sporty.

-Nick

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:48 PM

"60-65 and its only a 200" Every clocked them at that or guessing because I had no idea any 3 wheeler could go that fast as most racing atv's with the biggest engines go only 72 or so from stock.

Our 300 might hit 55 or a bit faster but thats it.

Our little honda has been reliable too. But we use these things like crazy. Over 14k miles on our 96 fourtrax prob as our(granpa's) 2002 350 has over 12k on it!

I have never ridden a 3 wheeler. I like my four wheels. I dont know how they handle so cant compare. I do know that 3 wheelers would not work in our use as easy as atv's if at all. In a lot of cases the middle front wheel would hit pot holes easier since its wheelbase is not as wide.

They do look different.

I did find this little bit.

"While all ATVs are dangerous, none are more inherently hazardous than the three wheeled variety. In fact, these "bikes" are so dangerous that their manufacturer has been prohibited in the United States since the late 1980s. While they remain illegal to manufacture, many of the discontinued bikes are still in the possession of Americans. Potential accident victims still enjoy the thrill that accompanies the lighter weight and tighter turns a three wheeler can provide, at the cost of stability and safety."

http://www.resource4accidents.com/topics/3...raccidents.html

I bet they do turn tigher. It looks like they would even tip worse the only having 2 wheels.

Be safe nick!

#15 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:58 AM

Actually that Big Red has a short-piped modified exhaust, but all if it had stock like the other ones they all do about 55. We clocked the Big Red with 2-3 cars at different times and with a gps. If you run a 1.5" straight pipe they will do even faster than what weve ever clocked them. My friend has a 185 with a Supertrapp exhaust, 1.5" piping and you can remove the actual muffler so it is just the pipe and that thing had no trouble passing the Big Red with the muffler removed.

I actually use my Big Red for a lot of work, we use it to haul cars around. I bought it over the summer for 100$ and have already put probly close to 1000 miles on it, I ride it everyday. If youve never ridden a trike, find someone whos got one and ride it, they are an absolute blast.

While they remain illegal to manufacture

This is not true, in 1987 all trike manufactures signed a 'consent ban' agreeing to not manufacture trikes anymore. This 'ban' lasts 10 years, and expired in 1997. So any company that wants to can start making these things again, theres just not the market for it. And three wheelers in and of themselves are not dangerous, its the idiots that drive them that makes them dangerous. They are also VERY stable, you just have to use your body weight to compensate for having a lighter front end. I have only tipped once and that was because the wheel fell through a frozen puddle. They are very safe and stable bikes if you ride them properly.

Always wear your helmet, its saved my life before and WILL save yours!!!

-Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users