Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Randomly Freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Slayer6571

Slayer6571

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:02 PM

ok i built up a new computer and when i was installing windows, it froze. once i got that installed, when the desktop loads. freeze, reboot...freeze again.

the screen freezes and the keyboard and mouse and everything dont work anymore. i dont get a BSOD thought so i assume my ram is fine.

i think this might be a compatibility problem. but with what? is it the mobo?

and is there a way to slow down my CPU cooler's fan speed? it spins at around 3400 rpm and sounds like a jet. NOTE: speed fan doesnt work for me...i dont know if im doing somthing wrong or it just doesnt work

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:44 PM

Hey ya going Slayer? Not too good by the sounds of it...
Sounds like it might be overheating...If that fan is going crazy ("like a jet"), chances are it's trying to cool the CPU - the freezes would also be caused by overheating.
Fortunately Intel have inbuilt stuff to stop it doing damage (so long as you're not overclocking).
Does it have the stock CPU HSF? If so/not, did you apply thermal paste when attaching it?
If you have the stock Intel cooler, they come with their own thermal pad (stuck to the fan unit with a sticky cover) - if you attached that to the CPU without removing the cover - BAD joojoo. If you applied thermal paste AND the standard thermal pad - BAD joojoo also - too much thermal paste is often just as bad as too little..
If you utilised an aftermarket HSF, did you apply the thermal paste? They usually don't come with their own thermal pad....

hey where's the photos!!! :thumbsup:
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users