Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad Aware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rays PC

Rays PC

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:52 PM

hello all,

two times now, when I go to start adaware to do a scan, my computer just re boots???

does this mean I am possibly infected ?? or maybe just conflicting with some of the other programs I am currently running.

Ad aware
Spybot S&D
AVG anti spyware
Spyware blaster
Spyware guard
Avast AV

I run these programs every couple of days, is there any particular order that they should be run. Should they be run in safe made??

Ever since my security problems started, I cant help feeling that my personal info is being monitored so I no longer do my personal banking on line anymore, and I really miss this. My computer is about a year and a half old, and I dont have a CD, is this needed to reformat my computer?? or can I use the PC doctor software that came installed on my computer??? and if so, will this completely erase everything on my pc and allow me to start from fresh???

thanks and sorry for the loooong question.

Ray

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:25 PM

Try running it in Safe Mode.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

If that doesn't resolve the problem, see if anything in these thread helps:

During An Ad-aware Scan, My Computer Restarts... What Is Wrong?
Ad-Aware SE terminates or PC reboots during scan removal process
During an Ad-Aware scan, I get a bluescreen and my computer restarts, what is wrong?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users